Lost Apple Tapes

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.apple2.marketplace,comp.sys.apple2.programmer (More info?)

This may interest some, a nice collection of lost tapes covering Apple
Computer.

http://tinyurl.com/6c7mp

Apple Historical DVD Volume 1. 90 minutes of truly interesting video
covering the Late Apple // and Early Macintosh years.

Chapters Include:

Time Capsule recorded in 1987, looking into the future of 1997. Woz,
Yocam, Sculley, Spindler. (funny, interesting!)

Our Engineers, behind the curtain, circa 1989.

Personal Best: The Macintosh in Business, College, Elementary Settings.

Golden Age Mac Advertisements. Golden Age Apple II Advertisements. Joke
by Jean Louis Gassee.

Additional Knowledge Navigator Clips

Apple II Business Graphics - A real eye opener!

Hinduism and the Macintosh.

Apple Europe - The Picture Show - Mac Classic, LC, Early PowerBook Era
- Interesting!

Clips by John Sculley, Alan Kay.

Slick Flat Panel Macintoshes, Speech Based OS

Ray Bradbury on the Future of Computing.

Apple Historical DVD Volume 2. 70 minutes of truly interesting video
covering Early Apple to Futuristic Apple Visions.

Chapters Include:

Apple's Moment of Birth... An emergency call from Cramer Electronics to
Paul Terrell owner of the budding "The Byte Shop", wanting to know if it
was okay to sell raw components to "Two Guys" to build 50 Apple /'s.

One reason Apple got it's name, "it put us ahead of Atari in the
phonebook" says a laughing Steve Jobs.

Colored Apple //s - Apple never shipped them, but had plans for colored
//s similar to the iMacs.

Why we created Macintosh by Burrell Smith, Andy Hertzfeld, George Crow,
Mike Murry and Bill Atkinson. (interesting!)

Demonstration of the 128K Mac From 1983.

The Macintosh Factory

Macintosh joins our 32-Bit Family, by Steve Jobs

A very young Bill Gates proclaims: "Macintosh will be half our retail
sales next year" and "Microsoft doesn't work with new hardware very
often".

Apple Electronic Binoculars

Extended Version of Knowledge Navigator

Early Flat Panel Macintoshes

The Fabled Macintosh Tablet

Touch Screens and Object Based OSes

Will Ship to any Country via US Mail.

Shipping is $3 for USA, $5 for Canada and Overseas. Money Back Guarantee
if not Satisfied.

In article <a-6A4398.19133007082004@typhoon3.uswest.net>, Jef Atkinson
<a@b.com> wrote:

> This may interest some, a nice collection of lost tapes covering Apple
> Computer.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6c7mp

Could you post the full URL? tinyur does a redirect through qksrv.net's
spyware system.

Dave Balderstone wrote:
> In article <a-6A4398.19133007082004@typhoon3.uswest.net>, Jef Atkinson
> <a@b.com> wrote:
>
>> This may interest some, a nice collection of lost tapes covering
>> Apple Computer.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/6c7mp
>
> Could you post the full URL? tinyur does a redirect through
> qksrv.net's spyware system.

Very interesting. Could you explain a bit more about this concept. I
deleted all my cookies and clicked on that link and saw four new ones. One
being qksrv.net and three others. I did this a few times to see it happen
each time. What does this gain any spyware techneque if I remove these
cookies right away. Are there other tracking files placed elsewhere that I
should remove?

Thanks.

Cliff

In article <fJgRc.108559$eM2.92362@attbi_s51>, Cliff
<cliff-f@xemaps.com> wrote:

> Very interesting. Could you explain a bit more about this concept. I
> deleted all my cookies and clicked on that link and saw four new ones. One
> being qksrv.net and three others. I did this a few times to see it happen
> each time. What does this gain any spyware techneque if I remove these
> cookies right away. Are there other tracking files placed elsewhere that I
> should remove?

Not sure what may be added to your system. I use privoxy to block all
that shite, so the tinyurl links won't even load on my Mac.

The link from the OP resolved to
<http://www.qksrv.net/click-549798-5463217?SID=tinyurl-4490419&loc=http%
3A%2F%2Fcgi6.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewSellersOtherItems%26use
rid%3Dmacinstock> rather than going directly to the ebay link.

It seems apparent to me that tinyurl is selling some sort of data to
qksrv.net.

djb

Dave Balderstone wrote:
> In article <fJgRc.108559$eM2.92362@attbi_s51>, Cliff
> <cliff-f@xemaps.com> wrote:
>
>> Very interesting. Could you explain a bit more about this concept. I
>> deleted all my cookies and clicked on that link and saw four new
>> ones. One being qksrv.net and three others. I did this a few times
>> to see it happen each time. What does this gain any spyware
>> techneque if I remove these cookies right away. Are there other
>> tracking files placed elsewhere that I should remove?
>
> Not sure what may be added to your system. I use privoxy to block all
> that shite, so the tinyurl links won't even load on my Mac.
>
> The link from the OP resolved to
> <http://www.qksrv.net/click-549798-5463217?SID=tinyurl-4490419&loc=http%
> 3A%2F%2Fcgi6.ebay.com%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewSellersOtherItems%26use
> rid%3Dmacinstock> rather than going directly to the ebay link.
>
> It seems apparent to me that tinyurl is selling some sort of data to
> qksrv.net.
>
> djb

I use Pest Patrol for one among many. I don't see any effectiveness of
cookies if they are removed as soon or shortly after they are placed.
TinyURL seems to be nice as now I am seeing a link above that is incomplete
and useless to me. I have used it if I have doubts if a link I post will end
up the same long results. If Tiny URLs won't even load doesn't this have you
missing much or going through a lot of extra work rather than just removing
offensive cookies? I also use ZoneAlarm to block certain cookies defined as
"persistent" and "third party" while allowing ones needed to retain wanted
references. I am sure there is much I am not aware of and am willing to
learn others approach to blocking tracking methods that are constantly
changing.

Thanks
Cliff

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=macinstock

> It doesn't even wrap, and it's immediately obvious that the link goes
> eBay and not goatse.cx, tubgirl, or something similarly nasty.

I have read something about another method of posting long links that are
effective don't know how this is done. Do you have any pointers?

Cliff

In article <s5mRc.32472$wC3.2801@okepread07>, Scott Alfter
<salfter@salfter.diespammersdie.dyndns.org> wrote:

> At least it didn't resolve to goatse.cx.

ROFL!

In article <4KmRc.248306$JR4.66051@attbi_s54>, Cliff
<cliff-f@xemaps.com> wrote:

> If Tiny URLs won't even load doesn't this have you
> missing much or going through a lot of extra work

Well, no. Normallly I don't even bother clicking them so if I'm missing
something I don't know it, and it's less work, not more.

And "missing something" on the web or usenet? It's a given that I'm
"missing" >99% of what's out there. It doesn't bother me in the least.

In comp.sys.apple2.programmer Scott Alfter <salfter@salfter.diespammersdie.dyndns.org> wrote:

--
Kirk

Dave Balderstone wrote:
> In article <4KmRc.248306$JR4.66051@attbi_s54>, Cliff
> <cliff-f@xemaps.com> wrote:
>
>> If Tiny URLs won't even load doesn't this have you
>> missing much or going through a lot of extra work
>
> Well, no. Normallly I don't even bother clicking them so if I'm
> missing something I don't know it, and it's less work, not more.
>
> And "missing something" on the web or usenet? It's a given that I'm
> "missing" >99% of what's out there. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Point taken.

salfter@salfter.diespammersdie.dyndns.org (Scott Alfter) writes:
> At least it didn't resolve to goatse.cx. :p That said, tinyurl links are
> always cause for suspicion exactly because you don't know where you'll end
> up. Would it really have been that difficult for the OP to provide this
> direct link instead?
>
> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=macinstock
>
> It doesn't even wrap, and it's immediately obvious that the link goes to
> eBay and not goatse.cx, tubgirl, or something similarly nasty.

That doesn't buy you much security because ebay dealers are free to
include any JavaScript code in their pages. Not too long ago a sports
car auctioned on ebay was actually used for phishing.

Thomas Jahns
--
"Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind."

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.apple2.marketplace,comp.sys.apple2.programmer (More info?)

I have these discs - they're fun to watch and in some places just weird.
Apple, 1980's marketing and PR - whoa.

salfter@salfter.diespammersdie.dyndns.org (Scott Alfter) wrote:

> http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=macinstock
>
> It doesn't even wrap, and it's immediately obvious that the link goes to
> eBay and not goatse.cx, tubgirl, or something similarly nasty.

yeah, sorry about that... tinyurl didn't used to redirect, so i forget
it does and scare can people (for no reason really) it's just shorter
than the main ebay link... you can also use:

http://stores.ebay.com/applehistorystore

thanks...

TRENDING THREADS