New connectivity problem just started

I have been connecting from an XP client to a 2003 Server for ages. It was
working perfectly.
Suddenly, a few weeks ago something broke.

Now, when I try and connect, I enter my username and password, and it says
"Applying Settings", "Saving your settings", "Logging off" and I'm right
back out.

But get this. I CAN connect to the console using "mstsc -console".

There is an error in the System Event Log every time I try and login about a
printer driver that failed.
This error occurs each time I try and RDP. The printer named is one that is
local on my client machine.

I do not have the map printers option on.

Found the problem: display drivers. See other post if interested.