Cant access to Internet remotely

I have 2 computers (both with WinXP-Pro), one in office and one at home. At home computer I use ADSL connecion to have access to internet (no firewall). I have managed to connect both computers via dial-up connection (56K modems), ... home computer is hearing for incoming connections.
Having active the ADSL connection at home computer, I am trying to browse Internet (IE6) from office computer (while is connected to home via dial-up) with no effect... it cannot browse the internet.
I would appreciate any help to solve the problem and can have Internet access remotely..

Thanks in advance
George

In order to browse the internet at home computer, do you specify any
additional settings like proxy server etc?

--

Thanks
Sharoon

"George Loukidis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 computers (both with WinXP-Pro), one in office and one at home.
At home computer I use ADSL connecion to have access to internet (no
firewall). I have managed to connect both computers via dial-up connection
(56K modems), ... home computer is hearing for incoming connections.
> Having active the ADSL connection at home computer, I am trying to browse
Internet (IE6) from office computer (while is connected to home via dial-up)
with no effect... it cannot browse the internet.
> I would appreciate any help to solve the problem and can have Internet
access remotely..

> Thanks in advance
> George

I dont use proxy server... and I havent changed the default settings.
I dont know if it can help, but when I connect my notebook to home computer through LAN connection, I can browse internet from notebook using the DSL connection at home computer but in this case I have activated the Internet connection sharing on the DSL connection for the LAN (..something that I can not do when I use dial-up to connect home and office computers)

----- Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT] wrote: -----

In order to browse the internet at home computer, do you specify any
additional settings like proxy server etc?

--

Thanks
Sharoon
sharoons@online.microsoft.com

"George Loukidis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 computers (both with WinXP-Pro), one in office and one at home.
At home computer I use ADSL connecion to have access to internet (no
firewall). I have managed to connect both computers via dial-up connection
(56K modems), ... home computer is hearing for incoming connections.
> Having active the ADSL connection at home computer, I am trying to browse
Internet (IE6) from office computer (while is connected to home via dial-up)
with no effect... it cannot browse the internet.
> I would appreciate any help to solve the problem and can have Internet
access remotely..
>> Thanks in advance
> George

I thought you were the pro, why dont you tell us. you startin your own isp. you think youll get dsl speed on a dialup maybe?

It is like you said.... like to have my own isp... and ofcourse i can not have DSL speed through 56K dial-up.. :)
I am just trying to have internet from my office... from which I can not have in other way.. (because of restrictions to calling numbers..) . I have heard in other thread that someone can have internet that way with just the default settings... something that is not working to me... or because i miss something..

....and I am not a pro,.. i am just trying to manage my work..

Thanks

----- TheRoyalA wrote: -----

I thought you were the pro, why dont you tell us. you startin your own isp. you think youll get dsl speed on a dialup maybe?

You can enable ICS on the dialup connectoid and use the internet connection.

Connectoid -> Properties-> Advance->Internet Connection Sharing