mac final cut pro problem

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.misc,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I have final cut pro HD on my G5 and i've run across the problem when
i'm capturing footage to my external hard drive. When i go to log and
capture, it takes forever and says "allocating disk space". It is a
new external harddrive and i've set the capture scratch settings to
locate the external hard drive. What else should i try?
could someone please help- Its very frustrating!!!
thanks
<<<MEGAN>>>

Megan wrote:
> I have final cut pro HD on my G5 and i've run across the problem when
> i'm capturing footage to my external hard drive. When i go to log and
> capture, it takes forever and says "allocating disk space". It is a
> new external harddrive and i've set the capture scratch settings to
> locate the external hard drive. What else should i try?
> could someone please help- Its very frustrating!!!
> thanks
> <<<MEGAN>>>

This problem has been discussed in the 2-pop forum. Check it out:
http://www.uemforums.com/2pop/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=FinalCutPro4&Number=43034&Forum=All_Forums&Words=%22allocating%20disk%20space%22&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=43034&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post43034

or just go to http://www.uemforums.com/2pop/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
and search on "allocating disk space"

BTW: 2-pop is a great place to answer all questions relating to FCP.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.misc,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:33:13 -0400, Ed Anson <EdAnson@comcast.net>
wrote:

>BTW: 2-pop is a great place to answer all questions relating to FCP.

Correction: it's a great place to ASK all questions relating to FCP

(yup, no one could answer my question, except "probably corrupt
project-file". still hasn't been e-mailed, so am waiting for that
result).

cheers

-martin-

--
Can the terror of spam be included in the war on terror?

TRENDING THREADS