Apple's Anobit Acquisition Confirmed by Israeli Prime Minister

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]TheHelix[/nom]Is it just me who thinks that it is sad for a prime minister to make that statement...[/citation]

Nope, not just you. At least he isn't as bad as the Russian president, who openly advertises Apple gadgets on G8 (or WTF is it nowadays) meetings and so on :lol:

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]So what will Apple do when the Palestinians blow up the factory? Send in the Apple Police?[/citation]
The Apple Police are a ruthless bunch! There will be casualties...

Zhenne

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
[citation][nom]TheHelix[/nom]Is it just me who thinks that it is sad for a prime minister to make that statement...[/citation]

Why is it sad? Apple is a big and influential company and why wouldn't Israel's prime minister want to advertise that Apple decided to invest in his country?

Plus, it was just polite and good manners to welcome Apple into your country.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
"So what will Apple do when the Palestinians blow up the factory?"

They will patent the damages so that anyone who gets attacked by
angry Palestinians has to pay royalty.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I am surprised it took Apple that long to tap into Israel's resources.
It took Intel a while to do it too, but once they did, it opened the door for the Core series that ultimately lead to Core 2 and the i series that are so successful now...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Huge acquisition for Apple. Anobit has developed a lot of cutting edge technology to improve flash memory.

This story probably won't get many comments since it's not hate fodder (like an Apple lawsuit), but this is far bigger news than any of those disputes.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]Does the PM advertises other companies too?[/citation]
Their were press releases when Intel began working in Israel.. But that was a long time ago.. Way before Twitter..

Status
Not open for further replies.