Remote Desktop Display

April 5, 2004 7:21:04 PM

When trying to connect to a remote computer, the remote screen comes up for sign on and then disappears back to the initial remote desktop connection screen. Any ideas?

More about : remote desktop display

Anonymous
April 6, 2004 1:49:51 AM

Grasping for straws--anything in the event logs at either end?

"john g" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to connect to a remote computer, the remote screen comes up
> for sign on and then disappears back to the initial remote desktop
> connection screen. Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 6, 2004 1:16:04 PM

Yes, am grasping for straws. The user has multiple problems and events. First problem was firewall software had closed port 3389, which confused me because I saw no rule for it and netstat -ano said it was listening. Made rule to open port which led to logon screen flashing on and then off back to remote desktop start. Too many events in log and looks like user got SMS'd with some kind of upgrade recently. Finally just gave up and did a system retore from two week ago, now user can remote desktop. Thanks anyways, but in my spare time, if any, I am going to try and duplicate the problem.
Anonymous
April 7, 2004 8:01:44 PM

It'd be good to know what went on in those two weeks, and what kind of
firewall software was involved.

!