can I connect using xp home?

Can I use remote desktop connection using xp home? Some say that I can only
use it if I have xp pro. I have managed to use it over my home wlan but I am
also using VNC. The RDC tab is there in xp home so can I use it to connect
to my main PC whilst in another location other than within the confines of
my home wlan or do I have to have xp Pro? If this is the case, is it
possible to download the RDC application as an add on to xp home?
2 answers Last reply
More about connect home

    You can only use Remote Desktop on a XP Home machine as a client to access/control a XP Pro machine oe Windows 2003/2000 Server.

    If you want to access/control a XP Home machine VNC is one alternative. NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing is another.

    Thx Al got the message understand
    "Sooner Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You can only use Remote Desktop on a XP Home machine as a client to
    access/control a XP Pro machine oe Windows 2003/2000 Server.

    > If you want to access/control a XP Home machine VNC is one alternative.
    NetMeeting Remote Desktop Sharing is another.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP