Closed

Tool for lossless (or minimum) crop of MPEG movies ?

Archived from groups: alt.video.divx,rec.video.desktop,comp.os.ms-windows.video,alt.multimedia.mpeg,comp.multimedia (More info?)

I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top and bottom black strip only.
No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a feature.

Does someone knwo such a tool?

Rod
9 answers Last reply
More about tool lossless minimum crop mpeg movies

    "Rod Newton" <rnewton12@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top
    and bottom black strip only.
    > No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a
    feature.

    > Does someone knwo such a tool?
    >
    > Rod

    TMPGEnc does indeed have a crop tool. Load your movie into it and select
    the "Setting" and then "Advanced" tabs. Double-click the "Clip frame"
    option. Enter desired values. OK - OK - choose output filename - and
    you're done.

    Mike

    On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:59:02 +0200, in alt.multimedia.mpeg,
    rnewton12@yahoo.com (Rod Newton) wrote:

    >I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top and bottom black strip only.
    >No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a feature.
    >
    >Does someone knwo such a tool?

    You might want to look at mplayer.

    It can do stream copying of audio and video (both or seperately). I'm not
    sure if you can crop and stream copy at the same time though.

    It command line driven but very powerfull.

    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/news.html

    It's mainly a Linux/Unix project but there is a Windows binary too if you
    look down the Downloads section.

    dave

    --
    xtalsinger@yahoo.com is a valid reply-to address but I don't check it every day.

    "Rod Newton" <rnewton12@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top
    and bottom black strip only.
    > No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a
    feature.

    > Does someone knwo such a tool?
    >
    > Rod

    That's because it is fundamentally impossible to crop it without reencoding
    it. Sorry, you will have to reencode.

    > I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top
    and bottom black strip only.
    > No recompression needed.
    > Does someone knwo such a tool?

    AFAIK there is no tool available to crop without recompression.

    regards
    Simon

    i dont know :/
    if you find something post it. .)
    "Rod Newton" <rnewton12@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top
    >and bottom black strip only.
    > No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a
    > feature.
    >
    > Does someone knwo such a tool?
    >
    > Rod

    You cannot do this.

    Rod Newton wrote:
    > I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top and bottom black strip only.
    > No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a feature.
    >
    > Does someone knwo such a tool?
    >
    > Rod

    Panasonic has/had an MPEG encoder that will crop. Excellent tool if you can
    still find it.

    Andy Durban
    Trimark - Marketing Communications
    "Committed to your Success!"
    336 227-4443
    www.TriMark1.com

    "Rod Newton" <rnewton12@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top
    and bottom black strip only.
    > No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a
    feature.

    > Does someone knwo such a tool?
    >
    > Rod

    Panasonic has/had an MPEG encoder that will crop. Excellent tool if you can
    still find it.

    Andy Durban
    Trimark - Marketing Communications
    "Committed to your Success!"
    336 227-4443
    www.TriMark1.com

    "Rod Newton" <rnewton12@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a MPEG movie for which I need a (simple) tool to crop/cut the top
    and bottom black strip only.
    > No recompression needed. Unfortunately TMPGenc doesn't have such a
    feature.

    > Does someone knwo such a tool?
    >
    > Rod

  9. NECRO :non:

Tuner Cards MPEG Movies Multimedia Video Graphics