don't forget to SECURE your half-life steam free copy

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

x-no-archive: yes

don't forget to SECURE your half-life steam free copy

all the steam fanatics are very quiet about this
the steam fanatics don't want to talk about this at all
they are trying to hide this the best way possible

original half-life will stop being sold in retail stores at
the end of the month, a week from now
and isn't this a very important fact?
yes it is
but why are the steam fanatics so quiet about this?
the answer is very simple
the current original half-life retail version sold by vivendi
is STEAM FREE
yes it's not infected by steam
you can play it completely freely full of joy and freedom
and it remains your only chance to play a valve game steam free
but this for the steam fanatics is SACRILEGE! HERESY
for the steam worshipers there cannot be a single valve game
still selling without steam! steam has to be present in every
single pc game title and pc gamer computer
steam has to impregnate everything in pc games so the last
pure steam free copies of hl must be taken out of the market
that's why they are so silent and don't want anyone to know
about this
so what i say to every single pc gamer out there that still
does not own original half-life steam free is to buy it now
so before its gone SECURE your half-life steam free copy!
secure the possibility of playing a classic without being
forced to accept steam and be enslaved by valve
secure your own freedom!

two months ago when i first read about vivendi stop selling
valve games i immediately secured my own personal copy of hl
steam free retail version
i perfectly remember at the time all the steam fanatics were
so mad cause now i'm able to play hl steam free
steam worshipers can't stand pc gamers being able to play
and not having steam present and controlling

and i had a great idea
why not buy the remaining stock of half-life steam free so
we can secure it for future generations
new pc gamers will come and will want to play half-life so
as a public service why not keep some copies for them so
when they decide to buy we can sell hl steam free so they
don't need to be infected by steam
lets save all the thousands of units that will probably be
destroyed next month if they are not bought
those thousands of hl steam free copies still have a very
important mission, the mission is letting future generations
know what it is to play a steam free game
lets preserve for the future what is an example of freedom
in pc games

i think business wise its a great idea
i bet in a year this half-life steam free retail version
will be one of the most hot items selling in ebay
everyone will be looking to find steam free valve games
so we will be able to supply them
we will be able to supply them not only a game but freedom
itself!
buy half-life steam free retail version for yourself
buy half-life steam free retail version for your friends
buy half-life steam free retail version to resell
but we can't let any single unit of half-life steam free
retail version not be bought and left without a owner
long live pc games STEAM FREE!

ps: sorry for the repost, i mistakenly switched the newsgroup
header with the subject header, although i tried to remove if
from google it will for sure be propagated throghout the usenet

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

    steamKILLER wrote:
    > x-craven: yes
    >
    > don't forget to SECURE your half-life steam free copy

    > i bet in a year this half-life steam free retail version
    > will be one of the most hot items selling in ebay
    > everyone will be looking to find steam free valve games
    > so we will be able to supply them

    How much will you bet? I bet if you buy HL now, you won't get what you
    paid for it in a year.

    Knight37
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    What's the big deal, you could just burn a copy of the original Half
    Life if you really wanted to.
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    The oroginal Half-Life will stop being sold in stores because it's 8 YEARS
    OLD YOU TUBE.

    "steamKILLER" wrote

    > original half-life will stop being sold in retail stores at
    > the end of the month, a week from now

    Why worry about a game from '98?
    And besides I'd like to know where you'd would get the original packaging
    from '98
    HL has been released several times in different packagings

    > and isn't this a very important fact?
    > yes it is
    > but why are the steam fanatics so quiet about this?
    > the answer is very simple
    > the current original half-life retail version sold by vivendi
    > is STEAM FREE

    The original version is not able run on an XP
    You need to hunt down the different patches to get it up to speed
    With Steam this is no hazzle

    > so what i say to every single pc gamer out there that still
    > does not own original half-life steam free is to buy it now

    Why's that?
    Do you get any percentage of the sale?

    > and i had a great idea
    > why not buy the remaining stock of half-life steam free so
    > we can secure it for future generations
    > new pc gamers will come and will want to play half-life so
    > as a public service why not keep some copies for them so
    > when they decide to buy we can sell hl steam free so they
    > don't need to be infected by steam
    > lets save all the thousands of units that will probably be
    > destroyed next month if they are not bought

    Yep why not do us all a favor and buy the remaining stock of HL packages
    With a little bit of luck you'll be seriously out of money not having any
    left to pay your ISP
    That'll be the day

    XPost removed

    - Peter
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    > The oroginal Half-Life will stop being sold in stores because it's 8 YEARS
    > OLD YOU TUBE.

    That made me laugh - I haven't heard anyone called that in AGES.

    :-)
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    mordie wrote:

    > Once installed it took more than friggin' 4 hrs to unlock
    > it over the net on dial up then you have to go through the
    > patch updates... Worse idea ever....
    >
    > I'll not be buying anymore steam based games period!

    same here! i'll also not buy any steam infected games period!

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    x-no-archive: yes

    Peter [AGHL] wrote:

    > And miss this game?
    > http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/darkmessiah/teaser/
    > Well your loss

    mister you got it all wrong!
    it clearly says in the bottom "pc dvd-rom software"
    aren't you missing something?
    aren't you mixing source engine with steam?
    oh yes you are!
    they are to different things, one is the graphic engine
    another is a delivery system
    yes i bet valve wants to sell both specially steam cause
    its steam that gives than the most power/control/money
    but i don't believe ubisoft will let be caught in steam
    trap specially after what happened with vivendi
    ubisoft are not fools
    the game will use the source engine but will be steam free
    that is my prediction
    if that's so you bet i'll buy it and recommend others to do
    the same
    i don't have anything against the source engine although
    i think doom3 and farcry engines are far more superior
    so at least for now "Dark Messiah of Might and Magic" looks
    like a PROPER pc games but off course i'll have to wait to
    see all the details and how it will be delivered, so my
    "seal of approval" has to wait for after the game is released

    --
    post made in a steam-free computer
    i said "NO" to valve and steam
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "steamKILLER" wrote

    > same here! i'll also not buy any steam infected games period!

    And miss this game?
    http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/darkmessiah/teaser/
    Well your loss

    If you could please avoid any Steam infected newsgroups in the future you'll
    make the world a huge favour and you'll forever be remembered with your
    beloved name carved in a huge monument made of one single piece of Cremo
    Delicato from Carrara, Italy

    Thanks/Peter

    XPOST: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.half-life
    FUT: alt.games.half-life

    "steamKILLER" wrote

    > mister you got it all wrong!
    > it clearly says in the bottom "pc dvd-rom software"
    > aren't you missing something?

    No, aren't you?

    > aren't you mixing source engine with steam?
    > oh yes you are!
    > they are to different things, one is the graphic engine
    > another is a delivery system

    I had my doubt whether you would be able to understand the difference

    > yes i bet valve wants to sell both specially steam cause
    > its steam that gives than the most power/control/money
    > but i don't believe ubisoft will let be caught in steam
    > trap specially after what happened with vivendi
    > ubisoft are not fools

    Clearly you're still mixing up things here
    Vivendi was violating their agreement with Valve
    Vivendi was the distributor, Valve the developer
    Vivendi was kicked hard and high by Valve for a reason

    > the game will use the source engine but will be steam free
    > that is my prediction

    Well let's see about that
    Valve announced a new title on Steam a few weeks ago
    Maybe it's another title maybe not

    XPOST removed!

    - Peter

Games Steam Video Games