Wireless Connected, but I keep getting 'cannot find server..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
October 3, 2004 12:41:01 PM

I'm using a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card and I can connect to my wireless
network no-problems, however, without me changing any settings suddenly when
I open IE I just get 'Cannot Find Server or DNS Error' While the wireless is
still connected.
I have tried changing settings, re-installing the software, changing
firewall settings etc numerous times with no luck.
The internet works fine when connected to the wired LAN but not on wireless.
Any help would be appreciated
October 4, 2004 4:08:31 AM

Hi

What are the indications that the Wireless really works?

Can you transfer Files over the LAN between the Wired and the Wireless
computers?

May be this can Help.

Wireless - Basic Configuration: <http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html&gt;

Wireless - Basic Security: <http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html&gt;

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Schtu" <Schtu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card and I can connect to my wireless
> network no-problems, however, without me changing any settings suddenly
when
> I open IE I just get 'Cannot Find Server or DNS Error' While the wireless
is
> still connected.
> I have tried changing settings, re-installing the software, changing
> firewall settings etc numerous times with no luck.
> The internet works fine when connected to the wired LAN but not on
wireless.
> Any help would be appreciated
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 4, 2004 12:04:17 PM

Schtu wrote:
> I'm using a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card and I can connect to my
> wireless network no-problems, however, without me changing any
> settings suddenly when I open IE I just get 'Cannot Find Server or
> DNS Error' While the wireless is still connected.
> I have tried changing settings, re-installing the software, changing
> firewall settings etc numerous times with no luck.
> The internet works fine when connected to the wired LAN but not on
> wireless. Any help would be appreciated

Download lspfix.exe, winsockxpfix.exe (Google), run both.

October 10, 2004 10:29:02 PM

I'm having the identical problem as Schtu. Please let me know did Quaoar's
recommendation of running the 2 programs fixed your problem?

BTW, I can't find winsockxpfix.exe from
http://members.shaw.ca/techcd/WinsockXPFix.exe. Is there another download
site?