Wireless Connected, but I keep getting 'cannot find server..

I'm using a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card and I can connect to my wireless
network no-problems, however, without me changing any settings suddenly when
I open IE I just get 'Cannot Find Server or DNS Error' While the wireless is
still connected.
I have tried changing settings, re-installing the software, changing
firewall settings etc numerous times with no luck.
The internet works fine when connected to the wired LAN but not on wireless.
Any help would be appreciated
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless connected cannot find server

    Hi

    What are the indications that the Wireless really works?

    Can you transfer Files over the LAN between the Wired and the Wireless
    computers?

    May be this can Help.

    Wireless - Basic Configuration: <http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html>

    Wireless - Basic Security: <http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html>

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Schtu wrote:
    > I'm using a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card and I can connect to my
    > wireless network no-problems, however, without me changing any
    > settings suddenly when I open IE I just get 'Cannot Find Server or
    > DNS Error' While the wireless is still connected.
    > I have tried changing settings, re-installing the software, changing
    > firewall settings etc numerous times with no luck.
    > The internet works fine when connected to the wired LAN but not on
    > wireless. Any help would be appreciated

    Download lspfix.exe, winsockxpfix.exe (Google), run both.

    I'm having the identical problem as Schtu. Please let me know did Quaoar's
    recommendation of running the 2 programs fixed your problem?

    BTW, I can't find winsockxpfix.exe from
    http://members.shaw.ca/techcd/WinsockXPFix.exe. Is there another download
    site?

    "Quaoar" wrote:

    > Schtu wrote:
    > > I'm using a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card and I can connect to my
    > > wireless network no-problems, however, without me changing any
    > > settings suddenly when I open IE I just get 'Cannot Find Server or
    > > DNS Error' While the wireless is still connected.
    > > I have tried changing settings, re-installing the software, changing
    > > firewall settings etc numerous times with no luck.
    > > The internet works fine when connected to the wired LAN but not on
    > > wireless. Any help would be appreciated
    >
    > Download lspfix.exe, winsockxpfix.exe (Google), run both.

Wireless Servers Wireless Networking