"Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" checkbo..

I want to enable Remote Desktop on my Windows XP Pro box, but when I
go to the "Remote" tab under System properties, both the "Allow users
to connect remotely to this computer" checkbox and the "Select Remote
Users..." button are disabled and grayed out. I have been researching
all afternoon looking for a way to enable these two options, but I
haven't found anything.

What to do I need to enable or install to have access to these
options? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.... Thanks!!
2
answers
Last reply
More about allow users connect remotely computer checkbo

    > I want to enable Remote Desktop on my Windows XP Pro box, but when I
    > go to the "Remote" tab under System properties, both the "Allow users
    > to connect remotely to this computer" checkbox and the "Select Remote
    > Users..." button are disabled and grayed out. I have been researching
    > all afternoon looking for a way to enable these two options, but I
    > haven't found anything.
    >
    > What to do I need to enable or install to have access to these
    > options? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.... Thanks!!

    Is this XP Pro machine a member of a domain? If so, it's possible the
    domain admin(s) have set group policies to disable this, in which case
    you'll need to talk to them.

    David Jones
    Small Business Server Product Team

    It sounds like you're not logged in as an administrator,
    and thus don't have permission to allow remote
    connections.

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows XP