Licensing protocol error

April 7, 2004 7:11:33 PM

I'm running remote desktop on Windows XP which ran fine for awhile.
Now I get this error.
"The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in
the licensing protocol. Please try connecting to the remote computer
again or contact your server administrator."

The Microsoft knowledge base had this to say

"Cause: The licensing protocol handles the communication of licensing
information between your computer and the remote computer. If there is
an error in the licensing protocol, your computer cannot be connected
to the remote computer.

Solution: Try connecting to the remote computer again. If you
continue to receive this error message, contact the server
administrator"

I'm the server admin, and I can't figure this out. Please help! Where
do I check to see if my license has expired? It's such a strange
problem because I can connect to other servers in the domain, just not
terminal servers.

Please help
Anonymous
December 16, 2008 10:24:49 PM

It's a Registery Fix

1. “Open the Windows Registry Editor by entering the command regedit32.exe in the Run command box under the Start Menu.
2. Navigate to the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing
3. Delete the MSLicensing key and its subkeys.
4. Reboot the computer.
!