Need help setting up remote desktop

Can someone please help me out?
I have a computer in my office wich has XP Proffesional on it and I have a laptop with XP Home edition.
I am not on any network.
I have DSL at home and at the office.
I have followed the insructions to setting up a remote desktop but when I put in the IP address on the client software it gives me an error message saying "cannot find that adrress on the network"
What am I missing???????????
Sure would loke to hear from someone who can help me out.

Thankyou
Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about need setting remote desktop

    please the ip address on your xp pro by typing
    ipconfig /all in command prompt
    not the private IP
    You should find your public IP

Remote Desktop Windows XP