Is the Canon Powershot A70/A75 too slow?

Is there an issue with the canon powershot being too slow? Where does the
delay occur --- between when you turn it on and it lets you shoot? Or
between when you push the shutter-release and it actually opens the shutter?
Just how long are these delays?
4 answers Last reply
More about canon powershot slow

    On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:28:27 GMT, "Tom H" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Is there an issue with the canon powershot being too slow? Where does the
    >delay occur --- between when you turn it on and it lets you shoot? Or
    >between when you push the shutter-release and it actually opens the shutter?
    >Just how long are these delays?

    I would pay a little extra and get a faster camera. The A75 is old
    technology, but a great camera. It being slow between shots and
    between on and first shot is its only weakness in my opinion.

    The newest camera just being released are faster and worth the extra
    money.

    PJ

    "Tom H" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Is there an issue with the canon powershot being too slow? Where does the
    > delay occur --- between when you turn it on and it lets you shoot? Or
    > between when you push the shutter-release and it actually opens the
    > shutter? Just how long are these delays?

    From my experience the HP's have a slow reaction speed from when you click
    the button to when the picture is taken..i.e... if its a fast moving
    object.. its gone by the time the picture is taken..

    On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 19:11:07 GMT, "Blaze" <asfdaf@aff.com> wrote:

    >"Tom H" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there an issue with the canon powershot being too slow? Where does the
    >> delay occur --- between when you turn it on and it lets you shoot? Or
    >> between when you push the shutter-release and it actually opens the
    >> shutter? Just how long are these delays?
    >>

    >From my experience the HP's have a slow reaction speed from when you click
    >the button to when the picture is taken..i.e... if its a fast moving
    >object.. its gone by the time the picture is taken..

    Not just HP. All of the older digital cameras suffer from that.

    The newer camera are much faster.

    PJ

    Really, that could be important -- how long is this delay?

    "Blaze" <asfdaf@aff.com> wrote in message

    > "Tom H" <th54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there an issue with the canon powershot being too slow? Where does
    >> the delay occur --- between when you turn it on and it lets you shoot?
    >> Or between when you push the shutter-release and it actually opens the
    >> shutter? Just how long are these delays?
    >>

    > From my experience the HP's have a slow reaction speed from when you click
    > the button to when the picture is taken..i.e... if its a fast moving
    > object.. its gone by the time the picture is taken..

Cameras Canon Peripherals