display card which one to choose

hi,
i am an absolute beginner.
i am editing short movies on my pc using Adobe premiere, i would like to use
to buy a video card that has 3 heads , two for the 2 monitors I have, and
one tv output to be connected to a television set so i could be seing the
edited movie in realtime.
i would like to know if i need to buy the following card : MATROX Millenium
P750 64Mo DDR DH/TV TripleHead which is around $230, the dealer told me it
was the only card able to handle properly the 2 monitors and the tv set.
do you think i could be buying a cheaper one such as Asus Radeon 9600 SE/TD
128MB Video Card A9600SE/TD/N/128 ?

thanks for your help.

marc.

Hi Marc,

I am using a el cheapo Radeon 9600SE , works great, cheap, also plays games
like Unreal 2 and UT 2004 eally well (not tried with Doom 3 but thats
another story).

Cheers.

Pete D

"mistershoot" <marc.shoot@free.fr> wrote in message
> hi,
> i am an absolute beginner.
> i am editing short movies on my pc using Adobe premiere, i would like to
use
> to buy a video card that has 3 heads , two for the 2 monitors I have, and
> one tv output to be connected to a television set so i could be seing the
> edited movie in realtime.
> i would like to know if i need to buy the following card : MATROX
Millenium
> P750 64Mo DDR DH/TV TripleHead which is around $230, the dealer told me it
> was the only card able to handle properly the 2 monitors and the tv set.
> do you think i could be buying a cheaper one such as Asus Radeon 9600
SE/TD
> 128MB Video Card A9600SE/TD/N/128 ?
>
> thanks for your help.
>
> marc.

If you consider to add 3-D effects into your video, for example, using
any 3-D animation templates offerred by www.3dtime.com, I STRONGLY
recommend ATI Radeon based video card. MATROX based video card does
not offer true color in 3-D. As result, the quality of your converted
3-D graphic is not high. nVidia GeForce based video card has a good
color for 3-D graphic, but the antialiasing effects is not as good as
ATI's. ATI Radeon 9600, 9700, or 9800 offers super smooth 3D graphics
in true colors and offers the best performance over the other two
brands.

Check out the HIS new release, which is ATI 9600 based card and
designed for video production:

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/141/15/

BLL DVD

mistershoot wrote:

> hi,
> i am an absolute beginner.
> i am editing short movies on my pc using Adobe premiere, i would like to use
> to buy a video card that has 3 heads , two for the 2 monitors I have, and
> one tv output to be connected to a television set so i could be seing the
> edited movie in realtime.

How do you plug in a TV set to a VGA plug?

Don't need triple head. Just get a dual head card. 2 21" monitors is
more than enough real estate for working on an editor.

Use a output to Firewire and a FW bridge such as a Canopus ADVC-100 for
real time viewing on a monitor. The bridge takes a firewire signal
turns it into RCA composite for output.

You can also go reverse on this too.. and take any RCA composite source
such as VCRs and bring it into your editor too. :)

-Richard

"Richard Ragon" <bsema04NOSPAM@hanaho.com> wrote in message
> mistershoot wrote:
>
>> hi,
>> i am an absolute beginner.
>> i am editing short movies on my pc using Adobe premiere, i would like to
>> use
>> to buy a video card that has 3 heads , two for the 2 monitors I have, and
>> one tv output to be connected to a television set so i could be seing the
>> edited movie in realtime.
>
> How do you plug in a TV set to a VGA plug?
>
> Don't need triple head. Just get a dual head card. 2 21" monitors is more
> than enough real estate for working on an editor.
>
> Use a output to Firewire and a FW bridge such as a Canopus ADVC-100 for
> real time viewing on a monitor. The bridge takes a firewire signal turns
> it into RCA composite for output.
>
> You can also go reverse on this too.. and take any RCA composite source
> such as VCRs and bring it into your editor too. :)
>
> -Richard

Richard,

Cards like the Radeon 9600SE are twin headed but also have a video output to
go direct to your TV, they output whatever is playing in a video window
fullscreen to your TV, works really well here and they are cheap.

thanks for your feedback !
regards.
marc.

Pete D wrote:

> "Richard Ragon" <bsema04NOSPAM@hanaho.com> wrote in message
>
>>mistershoot wrote:
>>

>>>hi,
>>>i am an absolute beginner.
>>>i am editing short movies on my pc using Adobe premiere, i would like to
>>>use
>>>to buy a video card that has 3 heads , two for the 2 monitors I have, and
>>>one tv output to be connected to a television set so i could be seing the
>>>edited movie in realtime.
>>
>>How do you plug in a TV set to a VGA plug?
>>
>>Don't need triple head. Just get a dual head card. 2 21" monitors is more
>>than enough real estate for working on an editor.
>>
>>Use a output to Firewire and a FW bridge such as a Canopus ADVC-100 for
>>real time viewing on a monitor. The bridge takes a firewire signal turns
>>it into RCA composite for output.
>>
>>You can also go reverse on this too.. and take any RCA composite source
>>such as VCRs and bring it into your editor too. :)
>>
>>-Richard
>>

> Richard,
>
> Cards like the Radeon 9600SE are twin headed but also have a video output to
> go direct to your TV, they output whatever is playing in a video window
> fullscreen to your TV, works really well here and they are cheap.

Very kewl then. However, at some point you might end up getting a
Firewire bridge anyway to get video from a source (like a VCR, or VDP)
into your system which will render the 9600 w/ video out redundant
perhaps.. Just a thought.

-Richard