How big are steam updates?

Just curious, anyone keeps track with the size of the updates that Valve
releases? They seem to release them so frequently, its getting annoying.
3 answers Last reply
More about steam updates

    "C.J. Dwight" <ioppp@ass.com> wrote in message

    > Just curious, anyone keeps track with the size of the updates that Valve
    > releases? They seem to release them so frequently, its getting annoying.
    The updates is rather small, takes less than five minutes on a 512/512 ADSL

    - Peter

    I just installed the game, and to get everything updated (except hl1 source)
    it took ~340 mb :-(
    Now that everything is up to date, I pray updates won't come so frequently

    C.J. Dwight wrote:
    > Just curious, anyone keeps track with the size of the updates that Valve
    > releases? They seem to release them so frequently, its getting annoying.

    While you can't turn off updates to the steam engine (which are always
    tiny anyway - the Steam platform itself is pretty small), you can turn
    off automatic updates to any or all of the games (Note that if a game is
    not 100% up to date then you must let it update before you play it).

    this might be helpful if steam keeps updating a game you rarely play
    while you want to play something else.

    but as Peter said, they're usually not that big. (Then again I guess if
    you start out from scratch after having not updated in months or even
    years then it might be a pretty large update..)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Valve Games Steam Video Games