How big are steam updates?

Just curious, anyone keeps track with the size of the updates that Valve
releases? They seem to release them so frequently, its getting annoying.

"C.J. Dwight" <ioppp@ass.com> wrote in message

> Just curious, anyone keeps track with the size of the updates that Valve
> releases? They seem to release them so frequently, its getting annoying.
The updates is rather small, takes less than five minutes on a 512/512 ADSL

- Peter

I just installed the game, and to get everything updated (except hl1 source)
it took ~340 mb :-(
Now that everything is up to date, I pray updates won't come so frequently

C.J. Dwight wrote:
> Just curious, anyone keeps track with the size of the updates that Valve
> releases? They seem to release them so frequently, its getting annoying.

While you can't turn off updates to the steam engine (which are always
tiny anyway - the Steam platform itself is pretty small), you can turn
off automatic updates to any or all of the games (Note that if a game is
not 100% up to date then you must let it update before you play it).

this might be helpful if steam keeps updating a game you rarely play
while you want to play something else.

but as Peter said, they're usually not that big. (Then again I guess if
you start out from scratch after having not updated in months or even
years then it might be a pretty large update..)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench