Networking with SP2

I have a DLink 614+ router running a wireless network with a DLink Air
DWL-610 PCMCIA card on a laptop, and a DWL510 PCI card on my PC. The problem
is that for the last 7 days (since just after installing SP2 on my PC), the
PC will no longer display ny available wireless networks in range (it is in
range as the laptop is sat next to it!). I have tried all sorts, including
the re-installation of drivers, firewall andanti-virus software and
Winsockfix, just in case Adware removal through Spysweeper has damaged any
files required to connect to the net. I am completely baffled, having reset
the router many times, installing networks under numerous identities but to
no avail...Any ideas what might be the problem?

millie

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2004

I was having the same problems and before I reinstalled anything I rebooted
our router this morning (for some other problems) and bingo our wireless
network works!

"donkorhan" wrote:

> I have a DLink 614+ router running a wireless network with a DLink Air
> DWL-610 PCMCIA card on a laptop, and a DWL510 PCI card on my PC. The problem
> is that for the last 7 days (since just after installing SP2 on my PC), the
> PC will no longer display ny available wireless networks in range (it is in
> range as the laptop is sat next to it!). I have tried all sorts, including
> the re-installation of drivers, firewall andanti-virus software and
> Winsockfix, just in case Adware removal through Spysweeper has damaged any
> files required to connect to the net. I am completely baffled, having reset
> the router many times, installing networks under numerous identities but to
> no avail...Any ideas what might be the problem?

TRENDING THREADS