  • Connection
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 10, 2004 12:28:55 AM

Hello,
anyone ever find the "fix" for XP dropping the remote
connection and reconnecting when you are accessing through
the internet.

Via the remote desktop connection that is so annoying.

Thank you
Joe

More about : reconnect disconnect remote

Anonymous
April 10, 2004 5:53:48 AM

Say more about what you are doing, and what happens.

I often have multiple RDP connections across the Internet up for many hours
at a time--they don't just drop out.

"Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> anyone ever find the "fix" for XP dropping the remote
> connection and reconnecting when you are accessing through
> the internet.
>
> Via the remote desktop connection that is so annoying.
>
> Thank you
> Joe
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 8:55:33 AM

There are multiple time when I vpn in my server (server
2003) using xp and it drop the connection. This have
happen to me more than once. Another friend of mine having
the same problem at time. After a while it reconnect it
self.

Related resources
April 10, 2004 4:22:49 PM

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 04:55:33 -0700,

>There are multiple time when I vpn in my server (server
>2003) using xp and it drop the connection. This have
>happen to me more than once. Another friend of mine having
>the same problem at time. After a while it reconnect it
>self.

Use http://whatismyip.com/ to keep track of any changes in your WAN IP
address. It's a long shot, but it could be the culprit.

I spent 1 hour the other day trying to find out why my associate could
not connect on his VPN, but we could not figure it out. The next day
he emailed me that the ISP was down at the time. <jeez>

Sometimes it's the most obvious thing causing a problem.

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

You know you are in Hell when you have to make a
distinction between what is moral and what is legal.
April 10, 2004 7:50:44 PM

Bob I think this is a known problem with XP I just cant
find the fix I saw it somwhere before.
Thanks
Joe

April 11, 2004 9:33:11 AM

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:50:44 -0700, "Joe"

>Bob I think this is a known problem with XP I just cant
>find the fix I saw it somwhere before.

A friend of mine had a similar problem until he discovered it was the
Power Management that was causing the problem. Apparently the remote
wakeup on the network card was not enabled properly.

--

!