Reconnect and Disconnect on remote

Hello,
anyone ever find the "fix" for XP dropping the remote
connection and reconnecting when you are accessing through
the internet.

Via the remote desktop connection that is so annoying.

Thank you
Joe
5 answers Last reply
More about reconnect disconnect remote

    Say more about what you are doing, and what happens.

    I often have multiple RDP connections across the Internet up for many hours
    at a time--they don't just drop out.

    "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > anyone ever find the "fix" for XP dropping the remote
    > connection and reconnecting when you are accessing through
    > the internet.
    >
    > Via the remote desktop connection that is so annoying.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Joe

    There are multiple time when I vpn in my server (server
    2003) using xp and it drop the connection. This have
    happen to me more than once. Another friend of mine having
    the same problem at time. After a while it reconnect it
    self.

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 04:55:33 -0700,

    >There are multiple time when I vpn in my server (server
    >2003) using xp and it drop the connection. This have
    >happen to me more than once. Another friend of mine having
    >the same problem at time. After a while it reconnect it
    >self.

    Use http://whatismyip.com/ to keep track of any changes in your WAN IP
    address. It's a long shot, but it could be the culprit.

    I spent 1 hour the other day trying to find out why my associate could
    not connect on his VPN, but we could not figure it out. The next day
    he emailed me that the ISP was down at the time. <jeez>

    Sometimes it's the most obvious thing causing a problem.

    --

    Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

    You know you are in Hell when you have to make a
    distinction between what is moral and what is legal.

    Bob I think this is a known problem with XP I just cant
    find the fix I saw it somwhere before.
    Thanks
    Joe

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 15:50:44 -0700, "Joe"

    >Bob I think this is a known problem with XP I just cant
    >find the fix I saw it somwhere before.

    A friend of mine had a similar problem until he discovered it was the
    Power Management that was causing the problem. Apparently the remote
    wakeup on the network card was not enabled properly.

    --

    Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

    You know you are in Hell when you have to make a
    distinction between what is moral and what is legal.

Remote Desktop Connection Microsoft Windows XP