WMP on desktop stops playing when SD disconnects

April 10, 2004 3:36:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter.hometheaterpc,microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windows.smartdisplay (More info?)

I'm tyring to use my Smart Display (SD) to wirelessly control my music in Windows Media Player (WMP) on WinXP Pro. I can successfully connect my SD to the desktop, launch WMP and music plays from my desktop perfectly. That is, of course, until the SD disconnects and then WMP on the desktop stops playing.

I was hoping to use my SD as a very sophisticated remote for my music library in WMP.

Does anyone know I can convince WMP to keep playing even after SD disconnects?

Regards,
Troy..
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 10:58:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter.hometheaterpc,microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windows.smartdisplay (More info?)

Have you gone into settings on the Smart Display control panel and
specified to leave sound on the computer?

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:36:02 -0700, "Troy"

--
Barb Bowman
Expert Zone Columnist