recording SVGA output

Ron

Hi,

Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
SVGA signal?

I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.

Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
that SVGA connector?

thanks,

Ron

"Ron" <rgraham1@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
> SVGA signal?
>
> I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
> projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.
>
> Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
> that SVGA connector?
>
> thanks,
>
> Ron

All you need is a recording device with a SVGA input.

Luck;
Ken

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Ron" <rgraham1@maine.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
> > SVGA signal?
> >
> > I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
> > projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.
> >
> > Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
> > that SVGA connector?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Ron
>
> All you need is a recording device with a SVGA input.
>
> Luck;
> Ken

Ok; what's the source of your "SVGA" signal, your
computer? As far as I know, an "SVGA" connector would
be a regular 15 pin VGA connector. What is your intended
purpose for recording the signal? Is it for examination with
an oscilloscope?, frequency analysis? Are you trying to mix
it with another SVGA signal? Not sure what you mean by
"record the output of a SVGA signal", normally a SVGA
signal IS the output of something, usually a computer.

If you really meant "SVGA" and not "S-Video" then your
projector is just acting as a display device for your computer,
and the video you wish to record can be "intercepted" before
it leaves your computer.

Luck;
Ken

Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would anyone have any suggestions how I could record the output of a
> SVGA signal?
>
> I have a video signal driving my LCD projector. The input to the
> projector is through a conventional SVGA connector.
>
> Is there a way for a consumer to record the video signal going through
> that SVGA connector?

I'm not sure what your project entails, but if you looking to record
something that's on a computer screen, you can do this with most good
screen capture programs such as camtasia.

http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp?lid=CamtasiaStudioHome

Just an option..

-Richard

Ron

Richard,

Thanks for the suggestion. I talked to TechSmith and they say that
Camtasia is not designed to record that kind of video. Rather it is
designed more to record the 'screen' of the computer while a program
is running. Their quote was: "although it might work for a very short
time, it will not record a significant amount of full screen video".

Too bad.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

I'd love to make this work,

Ron