Netcam video streaming to webpage

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I have an axis 205 netcam, which comes without any software, its great
to view live video by accessing its IP address but I really want to
include 'live' video in a webpage..

How can this be done.. What software should I buy etc

Any help would be very welcome..

... Tony

"Tony" <tony@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have an axis 205 netcam, which comes without any software, its great
> to view live video by accessing its IP address but I really want to
> include 'live' video in a webpage..
>
> How can this be done.. What software should I buy etc
>
> Any help would be very welcome..
>

> .. Tony

I thought that such accessibility was the reason Axis touted their camera's
web page interface. They claim that anybody anywhere on the internet can
view what is going on within its view by simply aiming their web browser at
it. To me that suggests you should be able to hook the camera to your
switch, set your router to allow the camera to tunnel out, and place a link
to the live image within your existing web page (possibly within a frame
although I detest using that kludge).
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.periphs.webcam,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I think the easiest solution is webcam software such as
http://www.ispy.nl/products/webcam32/webcam32_info.html or
http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/ezcast.html . Google around and you will find
quite a bit of info (webcam software, streaming live video etc.)

"Jon Erlandson" <jerlands@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I think the easiest solution is webcam software such as
> http://www.ispy.nl/products/webcam32/webcam32_info.html or
> http://www.webcamsoft.com/en/ezcast.html . Google around and you will
find
> quite a bit of info (webcam software, streaming live video etc.)

Nice thing about my IP cam is that i don't have to keep my computer running
while it streams to my website! I think that's what Tony has in mind.