Application works in Remote Desktop but not locally

Hi. I'm testing some software for someone. When trying to use it locally (signed in as administrator) it throws an error. I pretty much gave up on trying. Then a little bit later I decided to try a few things from work on it so I used remote desktop to sign in. For some reason it worked then. But once I got home I tried it locally again and it didn't work. So I verified that the program only works when I'm signed in remotely. There are probably 50+ people using it and I'm the only one getting the error. I only have one user set up which is administrator so I'm signed in as the same person both locally and remotely. Anyone ever have anything similiar happen? Anything I can try? Is this the right Newsgroup to post this in?

Thanks in advance,

Jesse
5 answers Last reply
More about application works remote desktop locally

    Anyone have any ideas? I've now verified it multiple times. Noone else seems to have the issue.

    Thanks,

    Jesse

    Can other person logon locally and they have no problem with this
    application?

    "Jesse" <henderjr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone have any ideas? I've now verified it multiple times. Noone else
    seems to have the issue.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jesse

    I only have one user on that machine right now and that's administrator. I suppose it would be worth a try to add another user and try running the software under that signon.

    I'll let you know if it works.

    Thanks,

    Jesse

    Nope no help. I created another user and I get the same silly error when trying locally. If I try it with remote desktop it works. So no difference. I'm going to try reinstalling .net framework and see if that helps.

    Nope no such luck. I can't get the program to work unless I use remote desktop. Very strange. Any ideas?

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP