Blue Screen when connecting via remote desktop

I am having a problem in that a few machines are getting a blue screen and then rebooting when I try to log on via remote desktop. I can make the initial connection, but immediately after I logon, the I get disconnected and the host machine blue screens, then reboots. Has anyone seen this behavior? Is there a known resolution?

Kind Regards,

Rich
2 answers Last reply
More about blue screen connecting remote desktop

    After the machine reboots, log on to it locally and check the event
    log... There should be an entry associated with this blue screen
    event in the system log... Post the contents of this entry here for
    us to troubleshoot...

    The main cause of Blue Screens is drivers, so make sure you have all
    of your system drivers up-to-date..

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:56:08 -0700, "Richard Rekos"

    >I am having a problem in that a few machines are getting a blue screen and then rebooting when I try to log on via remote desktop. I can make the initial connection, but immediately after I logon, the I get disconnected and the host machine blue screens, then reboots. Has anyone seen this behavior? Is there a known resolution?
    >
    >Kind Regards,
    >
    >Rich

    I have the same issue when logging into the domain. The
    local Administrator account can log in fine, just when a
    script runs it crashes it. Here is from my event viewer.
    Event ID 1001
    The computer has rebooted fromm a bugcheck. The bugcheck
    was 0x1000008e
    (0xc0000005,0xefdad8af,0xef5da8f8,0x00000000 ) A dump was
    saved in......

    any ideas?

    Chris

    benefit
    >of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
    not
    >be answered depending on time availability....
    >
    >Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >Windows XP Expert Zone -
    >
    >On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:56:08 -0700, "Richard Rekos"
    >
    >>I am having a problem in that a few machines are
    getting a blue screen and then rebooting when I try to
    log on via remote desktop. I can make the initial
    connection, but immediately after I logon, the I get
    disconnected and the host machine blue screens, then
    reboots. Has anyone seen this behavior? Is there a
    known resolution?

    >>Kind Regards,
    >>
    >>Rich
    >
    >.

Remote Desktop Connection Blue Screen Windows XP