Remote connection to home PC ( on Comcast cable modem)

April 13, 2004 1:33:48 PM

Allow Remote connections has been enabled, admin users have been
setup, it is currently not connected to a router, and the modem has
been reset. I cannot ping my IP address from the the office but I am
able to ping and tracert the default gateway addy (my actual IP
address?) Unfortunatley, neither address works with Remote Desktop
Connection or Netmeeting.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 5:33:56 PM

Do you have firewall enabled? if so, you need to open default 3389 port, not
sure what port netmeeting use.

"G-imme" <greg_2day@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Allow Remote connections has been enabled, admin users have been
> setup, it is currently not connected to a router, and the modem has
> been reset. I cannot ping my IP address from the the office but I am
> able to ping and tracert the default gateway addy (my actual IP
> address?) Unfortunatley, neither address works with Remote Desktop
> Connection or Netmeeting.
April 14, 2004 7:01:03 PM

Yes I do, and I have set to open/allow port 3389. I have even tried disabling the firewall.
April 15, 2004 11:56:03 AM

No I can ping and Tracert my IP address, but I still cannot connect. Any ideas???

Thanks
!