WinXP Remote Desktop via the Internet

Is it possible to connect one WinXP box through the
Internet to another within a corporate network via the
Remote Desktop. If so, should I just enter the IP address
of the host computer name along with the firewall port
assigned to it (i.e. 100.100.100.100:81)? Is it that
simple?

Also, are there designated firewall ports for Remote
Desktop?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about winxp remote desktop internet

    Default port for remote desktop is 3389
    "marcus" <marcus.lee@circulent.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to connect one WinXP box through the
    > Internet to another within a corporate network via the
    > Remote Desktop. If so, should I just enter the IP address
    > of the host computer name along with the firewall port
    > assigned to it (i.e. 100.100.100.100:81)? Is it that
    > simple?
    >
    > Also, are there designated firewall ports for Remote
    > Desktop?
    >
    > Thanks

Remote Desktop Firewalls Internet Windows XP