cannot connect to my PC

I have XP Pro on a school network. Remote Desktop has
worked fine for me until recently. I had a non-related
problem, so I reinstalled Windows. Now, when I try to
remote to my PC, it gives me a blank screen for a minute,
then closes out. On my PC, the desktop will also
disappear, and I have to refresh to get things back. I
have tried since then to reinstall Windows again, but with
no success. All of my settings seem to be correct, and no
one on campus knows what the problem might be. I think a
file might be missing or corrupt, but I have no clue what
to look for. Hopefully someone has a suggstion as to what
to do to get this service operational again.

Sounds like black screen issue under connectivity section,

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx

Let me know if it doesn't work for you

"Dan W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have XP Pro on a school network. Remote Desktop has
> worked fine for me until recently. I had a non-related
> problem, so I reinstalled Windows. Now, when I try to
> remote to my PC, it gives me a blank screen for a minute,
> then closes out. On my PC, the desktop will also
> disappear, and I have to refresh to get things back. I
> have tried since then to reinstall Windows again, but with
> no success. All of my settings seem to be correct, and no
> one on campus knows what the problem might be. I think a
> file might be missing or corrupt, but I have no clue what
> to look for. Hopefully someone has a suggstion as to what
> to do to get this service operational again.

I recently reinstalled XP Pro and lost the ability to connect via remote
desktop.
Even after turning Zone Alarm Pro off on both machines, no luck.
I've run out of ideas to fix this. Anyone?

"Dan W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have XP Pro on a school network. Remote Desktop has
> worked fine for me until recently. I had a non-related
> problem, so I reinstalled Windows. Now, when I try to
> remote to my PC, it gives me a blank screen for a minute,
> then closes out. On my PC, the desktop will also
> disappear, and I have to refresh to get things back. I
> have tried since then to reinstall Windows again, but with
> no success. All of my settings seem to be correct, and no
> one on campus knows what the problem might be. I think a
> file might be missing or corrupt, but I have no clue what
> to look for. Hopefully someone has a suggstion as to what
> to do to get this service operational again.

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 06:59:32 -0400, "Doug" <baum744@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>I recently reinstalled XP Pro and lost the ability to connect via remote
>desktop.

You should have installed Win2K, but that's another thread.

>Even after turning Zone Alarm Pro off on both machines, no luck.

If you only turned off the user interface, then the engine is still
running. You have to "Disable" it.

Best thing to do is take it out to the back shed and blow its head
off. That'll "disable" it for good.

>I've run out of ideas to fix this. Anyone?

Completely remove ZA - check with their website on how to hack the
Registry. Get that virus out of your computer in entirety.

Then get Kerio Personal Firewall 4 - free for home use.

http://www.kerio.com/

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

"You can all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
--David Crockett