Wireless AD HOC Network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
October 5, 2004 1:37:01 PM

I have twoo PC's one XP (Home Edition) the other 98 (1st edition) I want to
create a wireless AD HOC (PC to PC) network what do I need for this - do I
need a Access Point?

More about : wireless hoc network

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 5, 2004 10:27:11 PM

I have been try to create a ad hoc network for the last 2 months, maybe i'm
not very clever but i say unless u consider your self a tech savy person,
just buy two wifi nic's and wireless router( if you want to share broadband
internet). if you do want to set up an ad hoc network all you need is two
wireless/ wifi nic, £20 each. If can get the setup wizard to work your'll be
up and running in no time
"Mad_PC_Guy" <MadPCGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have twoo PC's one XP (Home Edition) the other 98 (1st edition) I want to
> create a wireless AD HOC (PC to PC) network what do I need for this - do I
> need a Access Point?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 10:49:05 PM

Wireless Ad-Hoc network means no access points. If it has an access point
it's called an Infrastructure and it's not necessary for home or very small
office. jim

!