Remote assistance thru VPN

Hi,
My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
great.

But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.

No firewall are being used on the client side..

Any suggestion?
4 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance

    Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013

    "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
    > great.
    >
    > But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
    > Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
    >
    > No firewall are being used on the client side..
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    Yes I did.

    Actually I should have mentionned that it is working great on my LAN.

    It is only when user are connecting with VPN that remote assistance does not
    work.

    Thanks

    Dan

    "Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013

    > rights.
    >

    > "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
    >> great.
    >>
    >> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
    >> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
    >>
    >> No firewall are being used on the client side..
    >>
    >> Any suggestion?

    Does solicited remote assistance work? work flow is little different between
    offer and solicited RA.

    > Yes I did.
    >
    > Actually I should have mentionned that it is working great on my LAN.
    >
    > It is only when user are connecting with VPN that remote assistance does
    not
    > work.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > "Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB
    > >
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013
    > >
    > > --

    > > rights.
    > >

    > > "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office.
    Works
    > >> great.
    > >>
    > >> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
    > >> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
    > >>
    > >> No firewall are being used on the client side..
    > >>
    > >> Any suggestion?

    We haven t try that.

    What are the major difference?

    > Does solicited remote assistance work? work flow is little different
    > between
    > offer and solicited RA.

    > rights.
    >

    > "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    >> Yes I did.
    >>
    >> Actually I should have mentionned that it is working great on my LAN.
    >>
    >> It is only when user are connecting with VPN that remote assistance does
    > not
    >> work.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Dan
    >>
    >> "Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013
    >> >
    >> > --

    >> > rights.
    >> >

    >> > "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message