Remote assistance thru VPN

April 14, 2004 3:06:04 PM

Hi,
My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
great.

But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.

No firewall are being used on the client side..

Any suggestion?

More about : remote assistance vpn

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 5:20:19 PM

Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013

"Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
> great.
>
> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
>
> No firewall are being used on the client side..
>
> Any suggestion?

April 14, 2004 11:14:38 PM

Yes I did.

Actually I should have mentionned that it is working great on my LAN.

It is only when user are connecting with VPN that remote assistance does not
work.

Thanks

Dan

"Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013

> rights.
>

> "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
>> great.
>>
>> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
>> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
>>
>> No firewall are being used on the client side..
>>
>> Any suggestion?

April 14, 2004 11:14:39 PM

Does solicited remote assistance work? work flow is little different between
offer and solicited RA.

"Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
news:o xlAEZnIEHA.3032@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Yes I did.
>
> Actually I should have mentionned that it is working great on my LAN.
>
> It is only when user are connecting with VPN that remote assistance does
not
> work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan
>
> "Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013
> >
> > --

> > rights.
> >

> > "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office.
Works
> >> great.
> >>
> >> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
> >> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
> >>
> >> No firewall are being used on the client side..
> >>
> >> Any suggestion?

April 15, 2004 4:48:03 PM

We haven t try that.

What are the major difference?