Remote assistance thru VPN

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,
My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
great.

But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.

No firewall are being used on the client side..

Any suggestion?

Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013

"Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
> great.
>
> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
>
> No firewall are being used on the client side..
>
> Any suggestion?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes I did.

Actually I should have mentionned that it is working great on my LAN.

It is only when user are connecting with VPN that remote assistance does not
work.

Thanks

Dan

"Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013

> rights.
>

> "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office. Works
>> great.
>>
>> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
>> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
>>
>> No firewall are being used on the client side..
>>
>> Any suggestion?

Does solicited remote assistance work? work flow is little different between
offer and solicited RA.

> Yes I did.
>
> Actually I should have mentionned that it is working great on my LAN.
>
> It is only when user are connecting with VPN that remote assistance does
not
> work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan
>
> "Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Offer remote assistance require some setup, have you check out this KB
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308013
> >
> > --

> > rights.
> >

> > "Dan" <dan@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >> My laptop home users connect trhu VPN with L2TP Ipsec to y Office.
Works
> >> great.
> >>
> >> But when I try to do Offer remote assistance, it does not work.
> >> Remote desktop works great but bot remote assistance.
> >>
> >> No firewall are being used on the client side..
> >>
> >> Any suggestion?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007