Dual monitor + Remote thru VPN

I frequently use remote desktop through a VPN connection
and it works very well. However, this week I have
installed a second graphics card and monitor on my system
and I can no longer connect to it from home. From
everything I know and have seen, the multiple monitors
should not be a problem, but that's the only thing that
has changed. Both the host machine and the remote machine
are Windows XP. Any ideas? Thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about dual monitor remote

    What is the error you are getting? Are you able to ping the host machine
    from remote machine and vice versa?

    --

    Thanks
    Sharoon

    "Kyle" <ramsay_68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I frequently use remote desktop through a VPN connection
    > and it works very well. However, this week I have
    > installed a second graphics card and monitor on my system
    > and I can no longer connect to it from home. From
    > everything I know and have seen, the multiple monitors
    > should not be a problem, but that's the only thing that
    > has changed. Both the host machine and the remote machine
    > are Windows XP. Any ideas? Thank you.

    "Kyle" <ramsay_68@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<17fde01c4223f$2f482dc0$a001280a@phx.gbl>...
    > I frequently use remote desktop through a VPN connection
    > and it works very well. However, this week I have
    > installed a second graphics card and monitor on my system
    > and I can no longer connect to it from home. From
    > everything I know and have seen, the multiple monitors
    > should not be a problem, but that's the only thing that
    > has changed. Both the host machine and the remote machine
    > are Windows XP. Any ideas? Thank you.

    This is interesting... It sounds like you are saying that you can use
    RDP to operate another computer that is running two separate monitors.
    Are you saying that this should work on, say, a computer using an ATI
    All-In-Wonder Radeon 9800 video card that supports two separate
    monitors (SVGA on display 1, and High Def TV screen on display 2)? My
    WinXP Pro system has a "desktop" that spands across two monitors,
    which allows me to use applications/control panels on display 1 while
    simultaneously playing DVD output on my HDTV on display 2.

    If what you are saying is true, this would lead to an interesting
    application for me. If this is works for you, then I am looking
    forward to seeing the rest of THIS thread unfold.

    I suppose RDP would default to remotely displaying whatever is to be
    shown on Monitor 1 while ignoring what is actually being shown on
    Monitor 2? (I don't see how RDP could handle trying to remotely show
    the output from TWO monitors at once, it apparently has a hard enough
    time keeping up with a SINGLE monitor!)

    Thanks!

Dual Monitors vpn Windows XP