Setting up Remote Desktop using DSL connection

Is it possible to set up remota desktop using a DSL connection?
I have two computers that have XP on them and the are configured to allow remote access.
I am using the IP address but I can;t make a connection.
Can someone help me out?

Thanks
Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about setting remote desktop connection

    Remote Desktop is a feature of Windows XP Professional edition, not Home
    edition. Is the PC you want to control from a remote location XP Pro?

    You say that you have two computers? Are they both on the same DSL
    connection? How? Are they assigned static IP addresses? Or, is the
    DSL connection shared through a router?

    "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to set up remota desktop using a DSL connection?
    > I have two computers that have XP on them and the are configured to
    > allow remote access.
    > I am using the IP address but I can;t make a connection.
    > Can someone help me out?

    Hi Bruce,
    Thanks for the help.
    The computer wich is the host has XP professional on it
    The laptop has XP home edition
    The DSL connections are not the same one is from my house and the other is a buisness DSL at my office.
    I think they are assigned a static IP addresses, every time I use the IPCONFIG command it gives me the same IP addresses after reboot.

    ----- Bruce J. Weiers wrote: -----

    Remote Desktop is a feature of Windows XP Professional edition, not Home
    edition. Is the PC you want to control from a remote location XP Pro?

    You say that you have two computers? Are they both on the same DSL
    connection? How? Are they assigned static IP addresses? Or, is the
    DSL connection shared through a router?

    "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to set up remota desktop using a DSL connection?
    > I have two computers that have XP on them and the are configured to
    > allow remote access.
    > I am using the IP address but I can;t make a connection.
    > Can someone help me out?

Remote Desktop Connection DSL Windows XP