disable downloading of wav files from servers

I added cl_allowdownload 0 but it still downloads those annoying wav files
from servers. What is the proper command?

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:51:26 -0400, "C.J. Dwight" <ioppp@ass.com>
wrote:

>I added cl_allowdownload 0 but it still downloads those annoying wav files
>from servers. What is the proper command?

Hit escape and find another server - those custom announcements are a
pain in the arris. AFAIK they are forced upon you and you can't join
until you have downloaded them..... :<