Windows Remote Assistance

Hi Guys these are my previuos threads in my previuos threads i learn many things and i get connect to other computer runing windowsxp pro now im connected to other pc but now i have one problem i chating with the next person runing windows xp but cant get the complete control of this computer if i click on start menu bar or some where else then nothing happend computer doesnt allow me to do some task on it why, do i change the group policy on other computer and set any other settings on both Pcs or only that computer i trying to access...hope new and completely solution will reply me soon.........

Regards......

Ali...............
Hi i dont know why my next question dosent displayed well yes i have installed windows xp pro on both pc im sending an invitation through our exchange mailing system when i send the email to other computer in email im recieving Rainvitation file as attachment first i save this file on to my hardisk then when i try to open this file its says file open with option with which programe i execute this file later on one more question that i have windows 2003 server installed can i use this server for remote assistance thanks for replying

Ali
----- Bill Sanderson wrote: -----

To use Remote Assistance, both machines must be running XP, in which case
there should be an association for the RAinvitation file, and it should work
automatically.

Are you running XP on both machines?

"Syed Ali" <syedfml@gawab.com> wrote in message
> im using remote assistance and im sending invitation to other user and i
> dont know how i can open RAinvitation File and how i connect to other
> invited computer can some body help me please..........
>> Ali

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Now that you can see the user screen, have you selected to take control of it? As I recall you initially only have view rights to talk/chat someone throught the issue. If you want to take control of the PC like SMS, this is seperate command that is requested from within the Remote Assistance Window.

Well Thanks Chris i will see this button and i will do on my side but when i click on take control button on my pc then on other computer its ask for permission like Ali want to take control of your Pc then he grant me permission ......but i dont want this i dont want that if he grant me permission then i will use his pc is there any way with out permission i take control of this pc i want to connect becasuse if no one user on seat then who will grant me permission is there any way to take control with out permission and one more thing when i restart this pc then it will disconnect our connection why this connection disconnecting i want when i restart his pc the connection will never drop and after restarting i will give user and password then again connect to that pc ............

Thanks For Reply........

Ali

----- Chris wrote: -----

Now that you can see the user screen, have you selected to take control of it? As I recall you initially only have view rights to talk/chat someone throught the issue. If you want to take control of the PC like SMS, this is seperate command that is requested from within the Remote Assistance Window.

TRENDING THREADS