Can DVD be played out to VCR?

Doc wrote:

> I have a homemade DVD, how do I get it to play out to VCR?
>
> Card is a Pinnacle DC10-Plus, Win98SE, PIII 550

Don't you have a regular set-top DVD player?

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

"Keith Clark" <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Doc wrote:
>
> > I have a homemade DVD, how do I get it to play out to VCR?
> >
> > Card is a Pinnacle DC10-Plus, Win98SE, PIII 550
>
> Don't you have a regular set-top DVD player?

I do not.

"Doc" <docsavage20@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Keith Clark" <clarkphotography@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Doc wrote:
> >
> > > I have a homemade DVD, how do I get it to play out to VCR?
> > >
> > > Card is a Pinnacle DC10-Plus, Win98SE, PIII 550
> >
> > Don't you have a regular set-top DVD player?
>
> I do not.

Then you need a video card in your computer that has
composite video out (or the equivalent).

These days, however, a standalone DVD player is likely
cheaper than a new video card with NTSC/PAL output.

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

> > > Don't you have a regular set-top DVD player?
> >
> > I do not.
>
> Then you need a video card in your computer that has
> composite video out (or the equivalent).

I do. Pinnacle DC10-Plus. Both composite and s-video in/out.

Doc wrote:

> "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message

> > > I do not.
> >
> > Then you need a video card in your computer that has
> > composite video out (or the equivalent).
>
> I do. Pinnacle DC10-Plus. Both composite and s-video in/out.

Do you have a software DVD player (WinDVD or PowerDVD)?

In article <T3KUc.1718$2L3.1211@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
docsavage20@REMOVEhotmail.com says...
> Subject: Re: Can DVD be played out to VCR?
> From: "Doc" <docsavage20@REMOVEhotmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>

> "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message

> > > I do not.
> >
> > Then you need a video card in your computer that has
> > composite video out (or the equivalent).
>
> I do. Pinnacle DC10-Plus. Both composite and s-video in/out.

Those cards are little odd, I don't know if you can use it to play the
output of a DVD player to the TV. It might only output video from the
video editing software wince it's a MJPEG card.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

> > I do. Pinnacle DC10-Plus. Both composite and s-video in/out.
>
> Do you have a software DVD player (WinDVD or PowerDVD)?

Yes, WinDVD

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:53:39 GMT, "Doc"
<docsavage20@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote:

>I do. Pinnacle DC10-Plus. Both composite and s-video in/out.

DC-10 shall _only_ export Mjpeg encoded AVI clips. So you shall need
first to convert the DVD to that format. With something like mpeg2avi,
any of the DVD backup programs, ...