Remote through Netmeeting

I am trying to figure out how to configure Netmeeting to
allow me to connect to, and take control of desktops on a
network. I have about 100 pc on my network, and have been
using VNC, but believe that netmeeting is more secure. My
problem is how do I configure the PC so the user does not
have to interact at all, or just to have them accept the
connection.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about remote netmeeting

    VNC is much easier for this..

    Try using UltraVNC (http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net) which has
    encryption plugins and other security enhancements to improve security
    over the standard VNC client.

    If your machines are all Windows XP or later, you can use Remote
    Assistance for that purpose...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:47:36 -0700, "Cliff"

    >I am trying to figure out how to configure Netmeeting to
    >allow me to connect to, and take control of desktops on a
    >network. I have about 100 pc on my network, and have been
    >using VNC, but believe that netmeeting is more secure. My
    >problem is how do I configure the PC so the user does not
    >have to interact at all, or just to have them accept the
    >connection.
    >
    >Thanks

    Windows XP, and 2000 both have a program called "Remote
    Desktop Connection" which is your most secure connection!
    Just visit MSFT web-site and type in the name "Rem...
    Conn.." and you can download the plug. Then all you need
    is to know the IP address of the machine you want to
    control. "Rem... Conn.." is in accessories,
    communications folder. This is totally better then
    Netmeeting for what you want to do. 1 thing to remember
    when you login to the remote machine that machine will
    log you in and log off whoever is sitting in front of it,
    you will see the desktop as if you are sitting right
    there cool feature - this is your free VNC !!

    Thanks for the info - however when I connect to a
    desktop, I want to see what the user is looking at.
    The "Remote Disktop Connection" does not allow you to do
    that. I am currently using VNC, which works great, but
    have been informed that it presents a security risk.
    Netmeeting seems to work fine, but I can't locate any
    information on registry settings that will allow me to set
    it up on the individual PC where the remote desktop
    sharing is always on, and the user can't turn it off.

    Thanks, Cliff

    As for the security concerns, take a look at UltraVNC
    (http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net) as it includes an encryption plugin
    that will encrypt the session as well as a few other security
    enhancements over the standard VNC server.

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:25:48 -0700, "Cliff"

    >Thanks for the info - however when I connect to a
    >desktop, I want to see what the user is looking at.
    >The "Remote Disktop Connection" does not allow you to do
    >that. I am currently using VNC, which works great, but
    >have been informed that it presents a security risk.
    >Netmeeting seems to work fine, but I can't locate any
    >information on registry settings that will allow me to set
    >it up on the individual PC where the remote desktop
    >sharing is always on, and the user can't turn it off.
    >
    >Thanks, Cliff

Connection Configuration Microsoft Windows XP