Remote through Netmeeting

April 15, 2004 6:47:36 PM

I am trying to figure out how to configure Netmeeting to
allow me to connect to, and take control of desktops on a
network. I have about 100 pc on my network, and have been
using VNC, but believe that netmeeting is more secure. My
problem is how do I configure the PC so the user does not
have to interact at all, or just to have them accept the
connection.

Thanks

More about : remote netmeeting

Anonymous
April 17, 2004 12:19:24 AM

VNC is much easier for this..

Try using UltraVNC (http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net) which has
encryption plugins and other security enhancements to improve security
over the standard VNC client.

If your machines are all Windows XP or later, you can use Remote
Assistance for that purpose...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 14:47:36 -0700, "Cliff"

>I am trying to figure out how to configure Netmeeting to
>allow me to connect to, and take control of desktops on a
>network. I have about 100 pc on my network, and have been
>using VNC, but believe that netmeeting is more secure. My
>problem is how do I configure the PC so the user does not
>have to interact at all, or just to have them accept the
>connection.
>
>Thanks
April 20, 2004 2:18:37 AM

Windows XP, and 2000 both have a program called "Remote
Desktop Connection" which is your most secure connection!
Just visit MSFT web-site and type in the name "Rem...
Conn.." and you can download the plug. Then all you need
is to know the IP address of the machine you want to
control. "Rem... Conn.." is in accessories,
communications folder. This is totally better then
Netmeeting for what you want to do. 1 thing to remember
when you login to the remote machine that machine will
log you in and log off whoever is sitting in front of it,
you will see the desktop as if you are sitting right
there cool feature - this is your free VNC !!

April 21, 2004 6:25:48 PM

Thanks for the info - however when I connect to a
desktop, I want to see what the user is looking at.
The "Remote Disktop Connection" does not allow you to do
that. I am currently using VNC, which works great, but
have been informed that it presents a security risk.
Netmeeting seems to work fine, but I can't locate any
information on registry settings that will allow me to set
it up on the individual PC where the remote desktop
sharing is always on, and the user can't turn it off.

Thanks, Cliff

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 12:34:14 AM

As for the security concerns, take a look at UltraVNC
(http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net) as it includes an encryption plugin
that will encrypt the session as well as a few other security
enhancements over the standard VNC server.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:25:48 -0700, "Cliff"

!