Sign in with
Your question

Remote Desktop Login Issues

Last response: in Windows XP
April 16, 2004 12:41:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I am running a server with Windows 2003 Web Server, when i try to connect from another computer to the remote desktop i get the login screen, am able to enter the user name and password, and the system begins to login, but then emiditly logs back out and closes the window. On the first day that web server was installed i could remote from the server back in with a differnt profile. I cannot do that either now as it logs in and logs back out. Any ideas, I am guessing that there is a setting incorrct some where but i cannot figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Jason
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 12:17:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Check your video driver software.. There is a known issue with
certain Nvidia software (see other postings in this group)...

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:41:05 -0700, "Jason" <numlock10@msn.com> wrote:

>I am running a server with Windows 2003 Web Server, when i try to connect from another computer to the remote desktop i get the login screen, am able to enter the user name and password, and the system begins to login, but then emiditly logs back out and closes the window. On the first day that web server was installed i could remote from the server back in with a differnt profile. I cannot do that either now as it logs in and logs back out. Any ideas, I am guessing that there is a setting incorrct some where but i cannot figure it out.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Jason
!