2 RD Sessions on a WinXP Pro-based computer possible??

April 16, 2004 3:07:38 PM

I 'm trying to get 2 employees work on the same Windows XP
Professional-based computer using the same profile ** independently... **
I 'm not looking for a way where 2 users can remotely administer a Windows
XP Professional-based computer at the same time (by shadowing the RD
session), I need them to work i n d e p e n d e n t l y...
Could you give me a hand here?

Thx in advance and have a nice day!
April 16, 2004 3:07:39 PM

From what I know, Remote Desktop allows only one simultaneous user, just as only one user could physically be at the computer at a time. I believe in order to accomplish this, you would need to set up a Terminal Server and then have the users connect to it.
Anonymous
April 17, 2004 3:11:03 AM

There is a 3rd party program called WinConnect that can enable up-to 21 concurrent sessions on an XP Pro machine.

http://www.thinsoftinc.com/products_winconserver_info.h...

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com