  • Video
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 18, 2004 2:09:15 PM

There is very little technical info on the earlier All-in-Wonder architecture.
I know there is info on the Rage chipset, and I have the Bt829 manual.
However, there must be lots of custom logic.

I assume there is parallel bus on the Rage for the extra devices. The 128
seems to have mpeg hardware that the Pro doesn't.

Since both use the Bt829, why does the 128 capture at higher resolution?

YUV9/12/16 seem to be ATI terms. What do they mean?

Were does the audio signal come from on the video out cables?

Were does the audio on the video in cables go to, an on-board ADC? I assume
that is what the TV audio device is for, which adds a video slider to Volume
Control.

I have to make a video-out cable for my Pro, and don't want to waste effort.
Apparently the card can tell if TV is hooked up, how is this possible?

More about : pro 128 architecture

August 22, 2004 3:23:38 AM

In article <cg02h1030b@enews2.newsguy.com>, "Eric Gisin" <ericgisin@graffiti.net> wrote:
>There is very little technical info on the earlier All-in-Wonder architecture.
>I know there is info on the Rage chipset, and I have the Bt829 manual.
>However, there must be lots of custom logic.
>
>I assume there is parallel bus on the Rage for the extra devices. The 128
>seems to have mpeg hardware that the Pro doesn't.
>
>Since both use the Bt829, why does the 128 capture at higher resolution?
>
>YUV9/12/16 seem to be ATI terms. What do they mean?
>
>Were does the audio signal come from on the video out cables?
>
>Were does the audio on the video in cables go to, an on-board ADC? I assume
>that is what the TV audio device is for, which adds a video slider to Volume
>Control.
>
>I have to make a video-out cable for my Pro, and don't want to waste effort.
>Apparently the card can tell if TV is hooked up, how is this possible?

The ati card can sense a load on the cabling and this is how it can tell if a
tv or video device like a vcr is hooked up

Why build a cable when you can get one for cheap many places like here?

http://www.pccables.com/70718.htm
!