remote desktop...

Hi everyone ...

Here's my problem.
I have a customer connecting to our server using remote
desktop,the connection is flawless,except...He cannot see
the printers attached to his own computer,the box for
printers, in local ressources, is checked ...
Has anyone ever seen this problem ?

I have tried reinstalling remote desktop but nothing has
changed ...

thank you in advance.

Michel
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop

    OR . . .
    Just download and install Net2Printer from www.Net2Printer.com. Then you can
    print directly to any printer connected to the internet regardless of
    drivers.

    Doug

    "Zac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Michel,
    >
    > If your terminal server does not have the correct printer drivers for his
    local printers, then those printers will not be connected to his session.
    In other words, if he has an HP Laserjet 1000, and the terminal server does
    not have the driver for that printer already loaded, when he connects, he
    will not see that printer for his session. The way that I usually fix this
    is to download the appropriate driver for that particular printer, go to add
    a new printer, and add a local "dummy" printer using that driver. Then I
    unsinstall the printer, and usually the next time that person logs on their
    printer works because now the terminal server has a driver for that
    particular printer model. Hope this helps.

    > Zac

    You say this like Net2Printer is free.

    You can find detailed instructions on how to print in a Remote Desktop Session, here:
    http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com

    ----- Doug wrote: -----

    OR . . .
    Just download and install Net2Printer from www.Net2Printer.com. Then you can
    print directly to any printer connected to the internet regardless of
    drivers.

    Doug

    "Zac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Michel,
    >> If your terminal server does not have the correct printer drivers for his
    local printers, then those printers will not be connected to his session.
    In other words, if he has an HP Laserjet 1000, and the terminal server does
    not have the driver for that printer already loaded, when he connects, he
    will not see that printer for his session. The way that I usually fix this
    is to download the appropriate driver for that particular printer, go to add
    a new printer, and add a local "dummy" printer using that driver. Then I
    unsinstall the printer, and usually the next time that person logs on their
    printer works because now the terminal server has a driver for that
    particular printer model. Hope this helps.
    >> Zac

Remote Desktop Printers Windows XP