remote desktop...

April 16, 2004 3:20:34 PM

Hi everyone ...

Here's my problem.
I have a customer connecting to our server using remote
desktop,the connection is flawless,except...He cannot see
the printers attached to his own computer,the box for
printers, in local ressources, is checked ...
Has anyone ever seen this problem ?

I have tried reinstalling remote desktop but nothing has
changed ...

thank you in advance.

Michel

More about : remote desktop

Anonymous
April 16, 2004 9:37:29 PM

OR . . .
Just download and install Net2Printer from www.Net2Printer.com. Then you can
print directly to any printer connected to the internet regardless of
drivers.

Doug

"Zac" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Michel,
>
> If your terminal server does not have the correct printer drivers for his
local printers, then those printers will not be connected to his session.
In other words, if he has an HP Laserjet 1000, and the terminal server does
not have the driver for that printer already loaded, when he connects, he
will not see that printer for his session. The way that I usually fix this
is to download the appropriate driver for that particular printer, go to add
a new printer, and add a local "dummy" printer using that driver. Then I
unsinstall the printer, and usually the next time that person logs on their
printer works because now the terminal server has a driver for that
particular printer model. Hope this helps.

> Zac
Anonymous
April 18, 2004 11:16:11 PM

You say this like Net2Printer is free.

You can find detailed instructions on how to print in a Remote Desktop Session, here:
http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com