What is the best way to achieve 16:9 ?

I have read that the best way to achieve 16:9 is to use a wide lense as
opposed to the 16:9 amamorphic option available with most DV cameras. They
say you loose image quality when stretching the image in the amamorphic
approach.

Does anybody have any professional opions on this?

thanks

what you've read is true....

"Sympatico News" <tt@tt.com> wrote in message
> I have read that the best way to achieve 16:9 is to use a wide lense as
> opposed to the 16:9 amamorphic option available with most DV cameras. They
> say you loose image quality when stretching the image in the amamorphic
> approach.
>
> Does anybody have any professional opions on this?
>
> thanks

I would be interested in a 'pointer' to the article you refer to about this.

Jackie

kay & wand wrote:
> what you've read is true....
>

> "Sympatico News" <tt@tt.com> wrote in message
>
>>I have read that the best way to achieve 16:9 is to use a wide lense as
>>opposed to the 16:9 amamorphic option available with most DV cameras. They
>>say you loose image quality when stretching the image in the amamorphic
>>approach.
>>
>>Does anybody have any professional opions on this?
>>
>>thanks

Ok,

Here is where I started. I subscribed to a newletter from
http://www.customflix.com/Index.jsp. In one of the newletters that I
recieved it stated what I mentioned below. The newletter was titled "DVD
Nightmare #5: Twisted Aspect".

Then I followed a link in that newletter to
http://www.adamwilt.com/DV-FAQ-etc.html#widescreen which really added to my
technical curiosity. On that page follow the link to Ben Syverson's Shooting
in Widescreen DV is worth a look for more info.

I'm just trying to ensure that what I do today I won't regret in 10 years.
I'm mostly shooting home movie type stuff but taking it very seriously.
Kinda a new hobby without blowing the bank.

Hope this helps you Jackie?

Cheers,
Tony