Hardware Profile Shows Incorrect Docking Status for Portab..

April 19, 2004 11:06:02 AM

My new Thinkpad T40 does not recognize it's docked/undocked status. Under hardware profiles the check box for "This is a Portable Computer" is greyed out.

There seems to be a fix described in KB 821161. Here is the full link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-...

How do I get the files described in this KB article? Has anyone else seen this problem?

thanks
Scott
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 3:16:16 PM

Hi - as the KB says, you need to call Microsoft PSS for the fix - there
shouldn't be any charge for the call if you have the symptoms described in
the KB article, and all you need is the hotfix.

!