Annoying problem with pinnacle studio 8

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Every time I save video to my HD and then convert it to a MPG or AVI in
Pinnacle studio 8, it never plays in the other persons pc!! Windows media
player (version 9) says it cannot download the codec. I can only play these
videos in my pc because i am sure it has all the codecs for studio 8.

I want my friends and family to be able to just play the cds with no
converting.

I tried to create an AVI, MPG etc and nothing works.

what am I doing wrong?
I also want the best possible resolution, whatever will fit on a cd.

Thanks
Danny

>I want my friends and family to be able to just play the cds with no
>converting.

################
Buy a DVD burner. BG

Danny wrote:
> Every time I save video to my HD and then convert it to a MPG or AVI
> in Pinnacle studio 8, it never plays in the other persons pc!!
> Windows media player (version 9) says it cannot download the codec.
> I can only play these videos in my pc because i am sure it has all
> the codecs for studio 8.
>
> I want my friends and family to be able to just play the cds with no
> converting.
>
> I tried to create an AVI, MPG etc and nothing works.
>
> what am I doing wrong?
> I also want the best possible resolution, whatever will fit on a cd.
>
> Thanks
> Danny

With Studio 8 you use the Make Movie section and there you can make VCD or
SVCD that may play on a desktop DVD player depending on the make. I have
several APEX models that all play them fine. DVD burner would be a better
choice for full DVD quality playback. There are many to choose from and are
pretty cheap.

Cliff

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi

I forgot to mention, that I do have this. That is why I have the Studio 8.
But I just would like to create a mpg file to pass around. at times.

Thanks again
Danny

Danny wrote:
> Hi
>
> I forgot to mention, that I do have this. That is why I have the
> Studio 8. But I just would like to create a mpg file to pass around.
> at times.
>
> Thanks again
> Danny
>
> "Cliff" <Cliff-f@NOSPAMxemaps.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Danny wrote:
>>> Every time I save video to my HD and then convert it to a MPG or AVI
>>> in Pinnacle studio 8, it never plays in the other persons pc!!
>>> Windows media player (version 9) says it cannot download the codec.
>>> I can only play these videos in my pc because i am sure it has all
>>> the codecs for studio 8.
>>>
>>> I want my friends and family to be able to just play the cds with no
>>> converting.
>>>
>>> I tried to create an AVI, MPG etc and nothing works.
>>>
>>> what am I doing wrong?
>>> I also want the best possible resolution, whatever will fit on a cd.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Danny

So you are saying that you capture video from what source? Then you 'Make
Movie' as AVI or Mpeg with Studio 8 and it will only play on your system and
no one else's? How many others have tried to play these and maybe the
problem is not in your system. Have the other person with the problem post
here with the description of errors. Have the other person reinstall Windows
Media Player and try again.

Cliff

Ingeborg wrote:
> Well, that is Danny's opinion.
> I agree that some of the earlier Studio Software was unstable in too
> many systems. But.... I just helped a friend install Sudio 9.1.2 on
> a 3GHz e-machine. It works flawlessly. No glitches, no bad burned
> CDs, nor DVDs. AVI, S-VCD, VCD, work all as one expects.
> Personally I am using Premiere 6.5, but considering that my friend
> only paid $100 including the capture card, I am quite impressed with
> his results. (I wish I could do voice-overs as easily as he can).
> So, there is at least one happy Pinnacle Systems customer!!
> Sincerely, Fred

I have had nothing but great luck with Studio DV then the upgrade to Studio
7 then to Studio 8. Have never had a bad burn and never had a lockup that
was not my own fault. I still have a P3/450 that runs Studio 8 fine just a
lot slower then the system I use now. I capture videos every day edit them
and convert to streaming with no problems. But who likes to read about
success when it seems more popular to post repeated sad stories.

Right BG?

Let's face it, this has got to be the most opinionated group's on the
net. Every time a post comes up about studio 8, there are always those
who have to slam it.

I've been using it for 2 years now, and have made some great "home
movies" with it.

jack245@webtv.net wrote:
> Let's face it, this has got to be the most opinionated group's on the
> net. Every time a post comes up about studio 8, there are always those
> who have to slam it.
>
> I've been using it for 2 years now, and have made some great "home
> movies" with it.

I have called the complainers on this debate MANY times but none have
replied with anything but meaningless dribble. If it doesn't work on your
system then you move on and get an app that does. Simple concept. Especially
the biggest complainer of all about Pinnacle that just went right ahead and
bought Studio 9. My point exactly is that if it works it is the greatest app
for the price EVER. If not then...Oh Well...

jack245@webtv.net wrote in message news:<29180-41278B0D-553@storefull-3256.bay.webtv.net>...
> Let's face it, this has got to be the most opinionated group's on the
> net. Every time a post comes up about studio 8, there are always those
> who have to slam it.
>
> I've been using it for 2 years now, and have made some great "home
> movies" with it.

Obviously those who bitch about it have a reason. Apparently you
haven't had the "pleasure" of dealing with Pinnacle's stalwart "tech
support". Can't wait 'til you do. A bunch of clowns who sit around
pasting McAnswers out of a database. Even if the problem *is* my
system, I've encountered tech support at other companies who had
enough in-depth knowledge to anticipate problems with my system
configuration, not these knuckleheads. They clearly don't have a clue.