Getting over the green, metal boxes in "On a Rail"

Anybody have words of wisdom for jumping over those 3 green, metal
boxes in the On a Rail level? I need to get over them to go up the
stairs to push the button that raises the rail gates. But I can't jump
high enough.

Every game guide I've looked at says to simply jump over them but it's
impossible because I can't jump high enough. I can't find anything to
move to the boxes that would allow me to get up on them.

<MartyLK@sega.net> wrote
> Anybody have words of wisdom for jumping over those 3 green, metal
> boxes in the On a Rail level? I need to get over them to go up the
> stairs to push the button that raises the rail gates. But I can't jump
> high enough.

You need to crouch-jump. Tuck your legs up as you jump by hitting the crouch
key. If you still can't do it, go back to the hazard course, it's taught in
there.
HTH
-\o/-
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

Alai

<MartyLK@sega.net> wrote in message
> Thanks, that worked.

You got to On A Rail level without crouch-jumping?

"Alai" <iamhere@overthere.net> wrote in message

> You got to On A Rail level without crouch-jumping?

Marty's question has been asked a lot in this NG over the years. That is the
first place in the game where you *have* to crouch jump, and some people either
never did the Hazard Course, or forgot what they learned there.

--
Paul