Reading DVD+R disks on Sony S735D player?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 20, 2004 8:18:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.players (More info?)

I'm having problems of the picture freezing at times when trying to
view video on a Imation DVD+R disk.
My DVD player is Sony S735D.
I've tried this disk on another DVD player with no problems.

I'm trying to find out if it's the brand of DVD or if my player has
trouble playing DVD+R's.

Has anyone else had this problem with this model DVD player?

Regards Brian
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 10:16:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.players (More info?)

I have had similar problems with my phillips DVD player and imation DVD+R
and TDK +R, all RW's seem to play fine. I have heard of other people having
problems playing +R's so now I stick with +RW's

Tony Robinson.

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> I'm having problems of the picture freezing at times when trying to
> view video on a Imation DVD+R disk.
> My DVD player is Sony S735D.
> I've tried this disk on another DVD player with no problems.
>
> I'm trying to find out if it's the brand of DVD or if my player has
> trouble playing DVD+R's.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem with this model DVD player?
>
> Regards Brian

August 21, 2004 7:00:14 AM

"Tony Robinson" <tashicat@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>I have had similar problems with my phillips DVD player and imation DVD+R
>and TDK +R, all RW's seem to play fine. I have heard of other people having
>problems playing +R's so now I stick with +RW's
>
>Tony Robinson.
>
>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>> I'm having problems of the picture freezing at times when trying to
>> view video on a Imation DVD+R disk.
>> My DVD player is Sony S735D.
>> I've tried this disk on another DVD player with no problems.
>>
>> I'm trying to find out if it's the brand of DVD or if my player has
>> trouble playing DVD+R's.
>>
>> Has anyone else had this problem with this model DVD player?
>>
>> Regards Brian

Thanks Tony for your comment.
So far DVD-R disks seem to work.
I hope to try Imation DVD+RW disks next.

Regards Brian
August 22, 2004 10:34:16 PM

Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>"Tony Robinson" <tashicat@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I have had similar problems with my phillips DVD player and imation DVD+R
>>and TDK +R, all RW's seem to play fine. I have heard of other people having
>>problems playing +R's so now I stick with +RW's
>>
>>Tony Robinson.
>>
>>"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
>>> I'm having problems of the picture freezing at times when trying to
>>> view video on a Imation DVD+R disk.
>>> My DVD player is Sony S735D.
>>> I've tried this disk on another DVD player with no problems.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to find out if it's the brand of DVD or if my player has
>>> trouble playing DVD+R's.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else had this problem with this model DVD player?
>>>
>>> Regards Brian
>>>

>Thanks Tony for your comment.
>So far DVD-R disks seem to work.
>I hope to try Imation DVD+RW disks next.
>
>Regards Brian

Imation DVD+RW disks seem to work.

Regards Brian