Adobe Premier Disk Full

Whilst attemping to export movie in Adobe Premier Pro I am constantly
failing due to Disk Full error message terminating export despite having
over 20GB available as shown in" Render Details Free Disk Space "
Any ideas please?
Reg Beckley
9 answers Last reply
More about adobe premier disk full

    "reginald beckley" <hrb@regbeckley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Whilst attemping to export movie in Adobe Premier Pro I am constantly
    > failing due to Disk Full error message terminating export despite having
    > over 20GB available as shown in" Render Details Free Disk Space "
    > Any ideas please?
    > Reg Beckley

    Make sure your scratch disks are set to a disk with plenty of space.

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:50:18 +0100, "reginald beckley"
    <hrb@regbeckley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    >Whilst attemping to export movie in Adobe Premier Pro I am constantly
    >failing due to Disk Full error message terminating export despite having
    >over 20GB available as shown in" Render Details Free Disk Space "
    >Any ideas please?>Reg Beckley

    As well as the other response, you might go to the Pro forum
    to see if another user has a better answer
    http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    Make sure the partition is formatted as NTFS.

    FAT32 has a 4GB file size limit which can easily be surpassed with a big video
    project. NTFS doesn't have any practical file size limit.

    "News.CIS.DFN.DE" <ptravel@ruyitang.com> wrote in message

    > "reginald beckley" <hrb@regbeckley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Whilst attemping to export movie in Adobe Premier Pro I am constantly
    > > failing due to Disk Full error message terminating export despite having
    > > over 20GB available as shown in" Render Details Free Disk Space "
    > > Any ideas please?
    > > Reg Beckley
    >
    > Make sure your scratch disks are set to a disk with plenty of space.

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:50:18 +0100, "reginald beckley"
    <hrb@regbeckley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

    >Whilst attemping to export movie in Adobe Premier Pro I am constantly
    >failing due to Disk Full error message terminating export despite having
    >over 20GB available as shown in" Render Details Free Disk Space "
    >Any ideas please?
    >Reg Beckley

    How big a movie? Are you hitting the FAT32 file-size limit?

    "Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:50:18 +0100, "reginald beckley"
    > <hrb@regbeckley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Whilst attemping to export movie in Adobe Premier Pro I am constantly
    > >failing due to Disk Full error message terminating export despite having
    > >over 20GB available as shown in" Render Details Free Disk Space "
    > >Any ideas please?
    > >Reg Beckley
    > >

    > How big a movie? Are you hitting the FAT32 file-size limit?

    Premiere Pro only runs under Windows XP which uses the NTFS file system.

    "PTRAVEL" <ptravel@ruyitang.com> wrote in message

    > "Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:50:18 +0100, "reginald beckley"
    > > <hrb@regbeckley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Whilst attemping to export movie in Adobe Premier Pro I am constantly
    > > >failing due to Disk Full error message terminating export despite
    having
    > > >over 20GB available as shown in" Render Details Free Disk Space "
    > > >Any ideas please?
    > > >Reg Beckley
    > > >

    > > How big a movie? Are you hitting the FAT32 file-size limit?
    >
    > Premiere Pro only runs under Windows XP which uses the NTFS file system.
    >
    > Thanks for the replies.I am using XP with Fat 32 so I guess I will have to
    switch to NTFS.
    Reg Beckley

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:12:27 GMT, "PTRAVEL" <ptravel@ruyitang.com>
    wrote:

    >> How big a movie? Are you hitting the FAT32 file-size limit?
    >
    >Premiere Pro only runs under Windows XP which uses the NTFS file system.

    or the FAT32 one.

    XP will use both FAT32 or NTFS. Needless to say, if you editing big video files,
    NTFS is definitely the way to go. There are also enhanced file security options
    with NTFS.

    > "PTRAVEL" <ptravel@ruyitang.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
    message

    > having
    > > > >

    > > > How big a movie? Are you hitting the FAT32 file-size limit?
    > >
    > > Premiere Pro only runs under Windows XP which uses the NTFS file system.
    > >
    > > Thanks for the replies.I am using XP with Fat 32 so I guess I will have
    > switch to NTFS.
    > Reg Beckley
    That cured the problem.Thanks.
    Reg Beckley

Tuner Cards Desktops Adobe Error Message Graphics