Off-line steam problem: Win32 StructuredException

Tags:
  • Win32
  • Steam
  • Error Message
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 26, 2005 11:18:38 PM

Off-line steam has worked fine for me for months. Now it fails with the
following error message:

>Steam.exe (main exception): Win32 StructuredException at 0224825F :
>Attempt to read from virtual address 898324483 without appropriate
>access rights.

A web search suggests that this is, and has before been, a common
problem for others. The only 'solution' I've seen is to delete the
ClientRegistry.blob file and allow steam to update itself. I did this
but it does not fix the problem for me.

If I start steam online, I *can* then disable my network to play
off-line. So it must be something in the *initial* start-up of steam.

I've logged a question with Valve, but if anyone has recently
encountered this and found a solution, would they please post that
solution here.

Cheers,
--
Neale Hind
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

More about : line steam problem win32 structuredexception

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:18:39 PM

I have the same thing happening to me. It happened just after an
update. I normally play offline and happened to be online the other day
when I clicked the Steam button. The game automatically updated and
since then nothing has worked well. I can play the game fine enough but
I have to be online.

Good luck getting any kind of response from Valve. They don't seem to
give a care about the customers. Probably blaming the world for their
code getting ripped off.
Neale D. Hind wrote:
> Off-line steam has worked fine for me for months. Now it fails with the
> following error message:
>
> >Steam.exe (main exception): Win32 StructuredException at 0224825F :
> >Attempt to read from virtual address 898324483 without appropriate
> >access rights.
>
> A web search suggests that this is, and has before been, a common
> problem for others. The only 'solution' I've seen is to delete the
> ClientRegistry.blob file and allow steam to update itself. I did this
> but it does not fix the problem for me.
>
> If I start steam online, I *can* then disable my network to play
> off-line. So it must be something in the *initial* start-up of steam.
>
> I've logged a question with Valve, but if anyone has recently
> encountered this and found a solution, would they please post that
> solution here.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Neale Hind
> Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 5:56:26 AM

On 26 Aug 2005 15:40:52 -0700, MartyLK@sega.net wrote:

>I have the same thing happening to me. It happened just after an
>update. I normally play offline and happened to be online the other day
>when I clicked the Steam button. The game automatically updated and
>since then nothing has worked well. I can play the game fine enough but
>I have to be online.
>
>Good luck getting any kind of response from Valve. They don't seem to
>give a care about the customers. Probably blaming the world for their
>code getting ripped off.
>Neale D. Hind wrote:
>> Off-line steam has worked fine for me for months. Now it fails with the
>> following error message:
>>
>> >Steam.exe (main exception): Win32 StructuredException at 0224825F :
>> >Attempt to read from virtual address 898324483 without appropriate
>> >access rights.
>>
>> A web search suggests that this is, and has before been, a common
>> problem for others. The only 'solution' I've seen is to delete the
>> ClientRegistry.blob file and allow steam to update itself. I did this
>> but it does not fix the problem for me.
>>
>> If I start steam online, I *can* then disable my network to play
>> off-line. So it must be something in the *initial* start-up of steam.
>>
>> I've logged a question with Valve, but if anyone has recently
>> encountered this and found a solution, would they please post that
>> solution here.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Neale Hind
>> Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Exactly the same error message i get when trying to play in offline
mode.All was fine untill i installed blue shift.
runs fine in online mode though..weird?
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 1:15:56 PM

In message <21ivg11u1b5f0nh5taq8m6imfq9k49mta9@4ax.com>, desert
<youmustbe@joking.co.com> writes
>On 26 Aug 2005 15:40:52 -0700, MartyLK@sega.net wrote:
>
>>I have the same thing happening to me. It happened just after an
>>update. I normally play offline and happened to be online the other day
>>when I clicked the Steam button. The game automatically updated and
>>since then nothing has worked well. I can play the game fine enough but
>>I have to be online.

<snip>

Problem fixed in most recent steam update (29 Aug 2005).

>>Neale D. Hind wrote:
>>> Off-line steam has worked fine for me for months. Now it fails with the
>>> following error message:

<snip>

!