Thad!!! Katrina is comming to visit... Run like the wind...

The projection is New Orleans and a category 4 or 5.... Start packing
now.... http://tinyurl.com/8ws5y and http://www.cnn.com/ ...
--

My luck is so bad that if I bought a
cemetery, people would stop dying. -

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> The projection is New Orleans and a category 4 or 5.... Start packing
> now.... http://tinyurl.com/8ws5y and http://www.cnn.com/ ...

Yeah, this one snuck up.
I had no idea what was happening until last night.

Me an' the wife an' the chirrens and the dog and various neighbors will
be at your house around 3 am Monday morning.

:)

==
Thad

That's fine... Just bring lots of beer, steaks and money..... :)

--

My luck is so bad that if I bought a
cemetery, people would stop dying. -

shawk

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
> Cannon Fodder wrote:
>> The projection is New Orleans and a category 4 or 5.... Start packing
>> now.... http://tinyurl.com/8ws5y and http://www.cnn.com/ ...
>
> Yeah, this one snuck up.
> I had no idea what was happening until last night.
>
> Me an' the wife an' the chirrens and the dog and various neighbors will be
> at your house around 3 am Monday morning.
>
> :)
>
> ==
> Thad

Seriously though... this does look like a biggie and I see your Mayor is
saying you have to take this seriously and forecasters are saying you could
be sitting right in the eye of it when it hits. What do you do (what are
you doing) about something like that? (..and if you reply I hope you're
doing it from somewhere other than New Orleans)?

Shawk (in the land where the wind blowing down one rotten tree makes the
news)

Shawk wrote:

> Seriously though... this does look like a biggie and I see your Mayor is
> saying you have to take this seriously and forecasters are saying you could
> be sitting right in the eye of it when it hits. What do you do (what are
> you doing) about something like that? (..and if you reply I hope you're
> doing it from somewhere other than New Orleans)?

I'm packing and heading to Tallahassee (closest place we could find rooms).
Category 5 storm, and the eye is projected to come right over my house-
I probably won't have anything left when I come back.

Ah well, it was time to buy new stuff anyway.

:-/

--
Thad

Rest assured he's outta there.... Ya don't try to set out a Cat 5
hurricane.... This will only be the fourth Cat 5 to hit the US....

--

> Shawk wrote:
>>
>> Seriously though... this does look like a biggie and I see your Mayor is
>> saying you have to take this seriously and forecasters are saying you
>> could be sitting right in the eye of it when it hits. What do you do
>> (what are you doing) about something like that? (..and if you reply I
>> hope you're doing it from somewhere other than New Orleans)?
>
> I'm packing and heading to Tallahassee (closest place we could find
> rooms).
> Category 5 storm, and the eye is projected to come right over my house- I
> probably won't have anything left when I come back.
>
> Ah well, it was time to buy new stuff anyway.
>
> :-/
>
> --
> Thad

Good luck to you and yours pal.

"t h a d" wrote

> I'm packing and heading to Tallahassee (closest place we could find
> rooms).
> Category 5 storm, and the eye is projected to come right over my house- I
> probably won't have anything left when I come back.

I dialed in on WDSU it looks like a visit from Hell
The hurricane is as big as the whole bay ffs
http://www.independentwx.com/

Winds 161 Mph, Gusts 196 Mph
Mandatory evacuation etc

> Ah well, it was time to buy new stuff anyway.

Good luck, hopefully only material damage

- Peter

Yep, almost fills the Gulf... Just reported sustained winds over
180mph, gusts over 220mph... Looking for a storm surge of over 20 feet
which will overwhelm the levee system... N.O. is below sea level so
it may be catastrophic.... Glad I'm 300 miles west....

--

My luck is so bad that if I bought a
cemetery, people would stop dying. -

"t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message

> I'm packing and heading to Tallahassee (closest place we could find rooms).
> Category 5 storm, and the eye is projected to come right over my house- I
> probably won't have anything left when I come back.
>
> Ah well, it was time to buy new stuff anyway.

Good luck, mate. I've just seen them announce the compulsory evacuation. Take
care, hope it turns out better than you expect. Lives are more important than
things.

--
Paul

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Rest assured he's outta there.... Ya don't try to set out a Cat 5
> hurricane.... This will only be the fourth Cat 5 to hit the US....

A 3 is nasty enough, 4 is time to go visit relatives up state.... 5 is
best viewed on TV. From hundreds of miles away. Did he show up at your
place?
McG. ;)

> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:33:58 +0100, "Shawk"
> <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:
>

>> "t h a d" <spyderbarques@invalid.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Yeah, this one snuck up.
>>> I had no idea what was happening until last night.
>>>
>>> Me an' the wife an' the chirrens and the dog and various neighbors
>>> will be at your house around 3 am Monday morning.
>>>
>>> :)
>>>
>>> ==
>>> Thad
>>
>> Seriously though... this does look like a biggie and I see your
>> Mayor is saying you have to take this seriously and forecasters are
>> saying you could be sitting right in the eye of it when it hits.
>> What do you do (what are you doing) about something like that?
>> (..and if you reply I hope you're doing it from somewhere other than
>> New Orleans)?
>>
>> Shawk (in the land where the wind blowing down one rotten tree makes
>> the news)

"McGrandpa" wrote

> A 3 is nasty enough, 4 is time to go visit relatives up state.... 5 is
> best viewed on TV. From hundreds of miles away. Did he show up at your
> place?

I read about three danish students who is (was) visiting Tulane University
in N.O.
They hired a minibus and went to Fort Worth, Dallas
They are in a group of 17 people all foreign students they left "home" in
four cars, all well atm

- Peter

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "McGrandpa" wrote
>>
>> A 3 is nasty enough, 4 is time to go visit relatives up state.... 5 is
>> best viewed on TV. From hundreds of miles away. Did he show up at your
>> place?
>
> I read about three danish students who is (was) visiting Tulane University
> in N.O.
> They hired a minibus and went to Fort Worth, Dallas
> They are in a group of 17 people all foreign students they left "home" in
> four cars, all well atm
>
> - Peter

Katrina was a dirty dancer man. I wish everyone had gotten out in time
:( Glad those students did. Happy Thad & Co. are ok!
McG.