setting up remote desktop

I am trying to set up my XP Pro machine so that I can
access it remotely through a web browser. I have
installed the IIS components and set the PC to allow
remote connections.
When I try to access the XP machine I type in:
http://x.x.x.x/tsweb (x.x.x.x is IP address). I get the
remote desktop web connection sign in screen to come on.
I type the IP of the XP machine where it says 'server'. I
have tried using multiple usernames when trying to connect
but no matter what I do I always end up with a blank
screen with a little picture icon in the top right corner,
and at the very bottom of the screen it says "you are
logged in to"
If anyone can help me to get this working, I would
appreciate it.
4 answers Last reply
More about setting remote desktop

    Are you getting any script errors before you click on the connect
    button? It sounds like you aren't getting the ActiveX control
    installed..

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:12:46 -0700, "Jason"

    >I am trying to set up my XP Pro machine so that I can
    >access it remotely through a web browser. I have
    >installed the IIS components and set the PC to allow
    >remote connections.
    >When I try to access the XP machine I type in:
    >http://x.x.x.x/tsweb (x.x.x.x is IP address). I get the
    >remote desktop web connection sign in screen to come on.
    >I type the IP of the XP machine where it says 'server'. I
    >have tried using multiple usernames when trying to connect
    >but no matter what I do I always end up with a blank
    >screen with a little picture icon in the top right corner,
    >and at the very bottom of the screen it says "you are
    >logged in to"
    >If anyone can help me to get this working, I would
    >appreciate it.

    What happens if you just hit enter without putting any IP or name in?

    "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up my XP Pro machine so that I can
    > access it remotely through a web browser. I have
    > installed the IIS components and set the PC to allow
    > remote connections.
    > When I try to access the XP machine I type in:
    > http://x.x.x.x/tsweb (x.x.x.x is IP address). I get the
    > remote desktop web connection sign in screen to come on.
    > I type the IP of the XP machine where it says 'server'. I
    > have tried using multiple usernames when trying to connect
    > but no matter what I do I always end up with a blank
    > screen with a little picture icon in the top right corner,
    > and at the very bottom of the screen it says "you are
    > logged in to"
    > If anyone can help me to get this working, I would
    > appreciate it.

    benefit
    >of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
    not
    >be answered depending on time availability....
    >
    >Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >Windows XP Expert Zone -
    >
    >On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:12:46 -0700, "Jason"
    >
    >>I am trying to set up my XP Pro machine so that I can
    >>access it remotely through a web browser. I have
    >>installed the IIS components and set the PC to allow
    >>remote connections.
    >>When I try to access the XP machine I type in:
    >>http://x.x.x.x/tsweb (x.x.x.x is IP address). I get
    the
    >>remote desktop web connection sign in screen to come
    on.
    >>I type the IP of the XP machine where it says 'server'.
    >>have tried using multiple usernames when trying to
    connect
    >>but no matter what I do I always end up with a blank
    >>screen with a little picture icon in the top right
    corner,
    >>and at the very bottom of the screen it says "you are
    >>logged in to"
    >>If anyone can help me to get this working, I would
    >>appreciate it.
    >
    >.
    >I don't see any errors come up. I am guessing that there
    is a problem with the activeX. I think the problem is on
    the Host side because the same thing happens at different
    client PCs.

    Describe the little picture icon.. Does it have a red X?

    Also, how up-to-date is the server machine? It may be using an older
    version of the TSAC that was subsequently updated with a security
    patch...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:47:37 -0700, "Jason"

Remote Desktop Windows XP