Virtual Private Network connection

When I try to create a VPN connection to my workplace, the
Dial Up/Virtual Private Network connection options are
grayed out.

I have administrator rights and am not sure why this is
happening.

Thank you,
Amber

Go to Computer Management (Start=>Run=>compmgmt.msc), click on the
Services Tree and then the Services item and check to make sure that
the Remote Access Connection Manager Service is Enabled and started..

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:13:38 -0700, "Amber"

>When I try to create a VPN connection to my workplace, the
>Dial Up/Virtual Private Network connection options are
>grayed out.
>
>I have administrator rights and am not sure why this is
>happening.
>
>Thank you,
>Amber

And, if you've followed Jeffrey's instructions, and find that Remote Access
connection manager fails to start with error code 5....

reinstall Service Pack 1 for Windows XP.

"Amber" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to create a VPN connection to my workplace, the
> Dial Up/Virtual Private Network connection options are
> grayed out.
>
> I have administrator rights and am not sure why this is
> happening.
>
> Thank you,
> Amber

Thanks, I will try that.

Thank you, I will get that a try.
Amber

benefit
>of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
not