Virtual Private Network connection

When I try to create a VPN connection to my workplace, the
Dial Up/Virtual Private Network connection options are
grayed out.

I have administrator rights and am not sure why this is
happening.

Thank you,
Amber
4 answers Last reply
More about virtual private network connection

    Go to Computer Management (Start=>Run=>compmgmt.msc), click on the
    Services Tree and then the Services item and check to make sure that
    the Remote Access Connection Manager Service is Enabled and started..

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:13:38 -0700, "Amber"

    >When I try to create a VPN connection to my workplace, the
    >Dial Up/Virtual Private Network connection options are
    >grayed out.
    >
    >I have administrator rights and am not sure why this is
    >happening.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >Amber

    And, if you've followed Jeffrey's instructions, and find that Remote Access
    connection manager fails to start with error code 5....

    reinstall Service Pack 1 for Windows XP.

    "Amber" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to create a VPN connection to my workplace, the
    > Dial Up/Virtual Private Network connection options are
    > grayed out.
    >
    > I have administrator rights and am not sure why this is
    > happening.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Amber

    Thanks, I will try that.

    Thank you, I will get that a try.
    Amber

    benefit
    >of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may
    not
    >be answered depending on time availability....
    >
    >Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >Windows XP Expert Zone -
    >
    >On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:13:38 -0700, "Amber"
    >
    >>When I try to create a VPN connection to my workplace,
    the
    >>Dial Up/Virtual Private Network connection options are
    >>grayed out.
    >>
    >>I have administrator rights and am not sure why this is
    >>happening.
    >>
    >>Thank you,
    >>Amber
    >
    >.

Connection VPN Dial Up Connection Windows XP