Software advice

Just came back from an overseas trip and my wife purchased a Canon
Camcorder.

As I am a still photographer I have no idea on what software to purchase
for her to edit on the PC.

Any advice will be greatly accepted.
4 answers Last reply
More about software advice

    Depends what you want to do. If you want to make an epic movie you will need
    to go upmarket a bit to Media Studio, Premiere or Vegas Video, if you just
    want to get rid of the rubbish and burn to DVD then Video Studio or
    something similar will do you fine. If you buy a DVD burner it will come
    with some sort of software package.

    Have a look at www.dvdrhelp.com for lots more info.

    Dunco wrote:

    > Just came back from an overseas trip and my wife purchased a Canon
    > Camcorder.
    > As I am a still photographer I have no idea on what software to purchase
    > for her to edit on the PC.

    Do you want to edit the photos? Do you want to make a slide show? Or, do
    you want to make a movie.
    If you are using a PC, there are basic programs built in that will allow
    you to do all the above, albeit, pretty basic stuff.

    Pinnacle video ediing plug... Studio 9, free trial link
    http://tinyurl.com/52o6j

    Pinnacle Instant PhotoAlbum Trial version
    http://tinyurl.com/4ubfs

    Take a look at the Ulead products at www.ulead.com
    You can download and try these video editing products to see if they
    are suitable before you buy.

    Regards Brian

    I thank you all for your advice. I will now go and check 'em out.
    Should be fun :)

    Dunco wrote:
    > Just came back from an overseas trip and my wife purchased a Canon
    > Camcorder.
    >
    > As I am a still photographer I have no idea on what software to purchase
    > for her to edit on the PC.
    >
    > Any advice will be greatly accepted.

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Software Graphics