Xp home to Domains at schools

how do you connect Xp home to a school network. How do you
select the domain

XP Home can't join a domain - you can access resources on other
computers/servers if you supply the correct remote credentials, but you
can't join the domain. XP Pro can -

Conor wrote:
> how do you connect Xp home to a school network. How do you
> select the domain

Like Lanwench said, you can't join one..

To access network resources, map to it as usual... When prompted for
a username and password, supply your username as DOMAINNAME\USERNAME
and then provide your network password.

Note that you may have problems with Domain DFS roots, so if you have
problems accessing resources in a DFS root, you will need to alter
your share name to use a DFS server name instead of the domain
(this is complex and may not be an issue at your school, but I wanted
you to be aware of it incase you aren't able to access network
resources)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:40:16 -0700, "Conor"